SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Brass Monkey wheels 1/2 inch wider...

16K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  Richie Rich 
#1 ·
is this the choice of wheel for many of you then who want to go 295 or even 305 width tire, or are you guys still putting up to 305's on the stock black wheels on the Hellcat?

Thanks

#2 ·
The satin black (OE wheel) and the optional Brass Monkey wheel are exactly the same size wheel 20 x 9.5. The only difference is the color.

305 tires recommend a rim width of 10 to 12 inches but there are people that have installed 305's on the 9.5 inch wheel with success.

#3 ·
is this the choice of wheel for many of you then who want to go 295 or even 305 width tire, or are you guys still putting up to 305's on the stock black wheels on the Hellcat?

Thanks
What SRT_HC_707 said. Rims are exactly the same size. Many threads on the forum about mounting 305's on the 20 X 9.5 inch rims.

#10 ·
Yeah, its the Dodge website that was conflicting. There was a time when it listed everything except the Hellcat with 20 x 9. Now the 392 has 20 x 9.5. I wasn't sure if the Scat Pack had changed also or not. Always fun trying to keep up!:D

#12 ·
Just went to go build a Charger Hellcat again.
Dodge's site has the "standard equipment" on the Hellcat with the black wheels as 20 x 9

Dodge - Build Price -
We promise, the website is WRONG! Look above. SRT_HC_707 said it best. The Challenger brochure even said Hell Cat Challengers would have the Hyper Black rim as an option. As of right now, its NOT available on the Hell Cat Challenger. But IS available on the SRT 392's.

#17 ·
Yeah, if I read one more post I would have noticed.
Tammie, maybe they are using up a large amount of the hyperblack's on the 392's. Dedicated those to that model??

#18 ·
Could be. It is confusing as to why they have wheels laying around that fit our babies but we can't have them. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, there are many teasers and confusions with the Hellcat! I love my Hellbaby anyway even if the wheels are a giant pain in my everyday wiping down butt!!:confused:

#19 ·
All, I have a set of hyper black inbound...should be here Friday or Monday...they are off a 392 SRT Challenger...I'll put a ruler on them and post a pic. I'm sure they are 9.5" wide.

Reactions: 630
#20 ·
Do you know if they're more where those came from? Or did you luck out and find a 392 owner that bought aftermarket rims?

#25 ·
Yes, he listed them on eBay, but ironically and through pure luck he lived 20 miles from me and I saw the listing within a few minutes of posting. 20 miles on them.

I'll list mine on eBay as it is very easy to sell the big ticket items like rims. The last full set sold in a few days and there's another set listed right now, but the seller has almost no feedback so I think everyone is afraid to take the leap.

I might have them powder coated with the black chrome look...seems pretty popular.

Reactions: 630
#27 ·
Scat Pack?

#29 ·
Ah, it's a CHARGER. Maybe we just learned something new. Chargers have the 9.0 wheels???? Interesting.

Nice car. Please post pics when you get it.

#31 ·
Have to get to the bottom of this. Could be a typo. The Scat Pack is 245 tires on 9.0 wide wheels. You have the 275's... I checked tirerack.com for specs and a wheel width of 9 to 10.5 is acceptable for a 275 tire.

It is possible you have 9.0 wheels on the HC Charger. Hmm...

#32 ·
The build a Charger feature shows the stock black at 9" and the brass monkey at 9.5"

It's gotta be a typo...and it's just been missed in the system. There's no reason to have a 9" and 9.5" for the same tire size and the option to have a brass finish being different.

Once you get them, just look on the stamping inside the rim itself, it will show the exact size.

#33 ·
The build a Charger feature shows the stock black at 9" and the brass monkey at 9.5"

This is what I've been saying all, and hence the reason I started this thread. This was when I was building and looking to order a Charger Hellcat. Everyone kept saying it's a typo.
But all the literature I saw, including window stickers said 20 x 9 for the Charger Hellcat.

It makes no sense why, but it's possible, as I find it hard to believe NOBODY at Dodge would of caught that by now.

#34 ·
There are several on here, I'm sure someone can look at the inside of the rim and validate this...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.