BRASS MONKEY WHEELS

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by waiting for mine, Sep 19, 2015.

1. waiting for mine

waiting for mine 10/30/15 DELIVERED ON DEVILS NIGHT

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Has anyone with a 2016 VIN# that ordered the brass monkey wheels made it to D1 status yet? if so what is your build date.

2. CAR BUFF

CAR BUFF Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am in the same boat as you waiting for mine.I am in D status as of today ordered on 9/10/15.Hopeful it won't be to long to D1 with brass monkeys

3. waiting for mine

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i've had my vin # since 9-1 on 9-15 I called tehe SRT hotline n th

Veronica: Hi, my name is Veronica with SRT Customer Care, How may I help you today?
    kevin: was wondering if you could give me any info a build date thank you

Veronica: Please allow me a moment to check.....

kevin: thank you veronica

Veronica: The vehicle is in D status.... awaiting it's turn to be built! It is scheduled to be built the week of 10/12/15. There is no additional information at this time.

kevin: ok i thank you and hope you have a good evening

Veronica: Thank you for contacting SRT Customer Care. Please chat with us again if you need further assistance. You can also look for updates on our website SRT | Street and Racing Technology | driveSRT. Have a good day!

I called the GM at my dealer when i started to see issues with the BM wheels on here. He text the FCA regional rep and his response was i am not aware of any delays due to the BM wheels

4. waiting for mine

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi TinCuda. PCP good choice. and congrats on your vin. that is the way i interpret the D status.

5. CAR BUFF

CAR BUFF Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine is also PCP with BM'S.Recieved my Vin today & put in D status today.Spoke to my GM at dealership & he knows nothing about any problems w/ BM rims.I think if there was they would not move orders around if parts were not available.Just my thoughts.

6. waiting for mine

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    sorry bout that Tincuda i hope you get your vin within the week and when you get that redline red beast let me know with a picture

7. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Placed my order (4th order, with deposit) on 9/10, dealer called me on 9/15 to tell me that his regional FCA rep told him that if I dropped my BM option that my order would get picked up quicker (I was in BG status at the time), so I did some research on here, found several other members here stating that they had heard the same thing from their dealer/rep. I talked to a local powder coater to see if they could duplicate the color/finish before I dropped it. I called my dealer to tell him to drop the BM option late on the evening of 9/16. I had a VIN early the morning of 9/17.

...one thing to keep in mind, even if you can't locally reproduce the BM wheel (or other) option. If you have placed an order(s), put a deposit down and waited...maybe over a year (your opinion might be different than if you have only waited 7-30 days), and your order is hung up over an option (like BM), maybe you might consider dropping that one particular option, if it is not a deal breaker. Because, just think...especially if you've rode this roller coaster for the last year, you will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about,... what happens if you decide to wait on an option, like BM, for 3 months because you live in northern Minnesota and have a long winter so you can do without your car until April. So 3 months comes around, BM is available, YAY, then now you can't get the transmission you want, now that part is held up or behind schedule, so you wait another 3 months for that, now it's March, and you are starting to get the itch, get anxious...but now, finally, the tranny you want is FINALLY ready. Hooray, now I'm finally going to get my car, exactly as I want it. Your phone rings, it's your dealer, who has been up front, honest and straight forward from the start (he told you to drop the BM option right off the bat). He says hey (insert the name your dealer addresses you with here), there's a problem with your order, apparently IHI is having trouble doubling their capacity, like we have on the Hellcats for 2016, so we can't get enough superchargers and we don't know when IHI will be caught up. They are saying that it might be another 4-6 months? 3-4 months go by, it's July and lo and behold, Brass Monkey wheels are again in short supply...so your order is on hold yet again. 2 more months of waiting...

Sorry, 2017 model years have started in August/September and your order and place in line is cancelled, you get no preference, have to start this whole process all over again, hopefully will get a coupon/certificate for a discount on the 2017 models (because their price has increased $5,000 in 2017)...

lather, rinse, repeat...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cdub

Cdub Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think it's a crap shoot anytime you special order anything of this caliber. It's always gonna boil down to supply and demand. I have huge respect for those who went through what they did with last year's process and am glad to see some of them finally reaching resolution. I can certainly appreciate the bad taste that ordeal left in their mouths concerning hangups observed/rumored with this year's orders. While RadCat certainly brings up good points and we'd all do well to consider his suggestions.... at the end of the day, it's an individual decision and one must be willing to make the one that fits them best at the time and.. be willing to accept whatever consequences may befall them as a result. Personally, I fall into that long winter scenario so in the "short term"... I'm gonna let it ride and continue to monitor my order progress closely. Hopefully... in the next few days (since '16 builds are scheduled/rumored to start tomorrow) ... all those waiting on D status, and those currently there, will see progress. Of course, at this point, it's easy for me to view the glass half full so maybe Im not the best source of information. We're ALL in this together :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mopar Ragtop

Mopar Ragtop Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392

My dealer just called me and said he talked to his regional rep. I ordered my Challenger Cat on 8/27 and got my VIN is less than a week, however, have been in D status ever since. Rep said it might help if I wanted to change from BM wheels to black, so I told him to change them. Will be interesting to see if I move to D1 status any time soon??? I may have the wheels powder coated anyway if I don't like the BM color so why spend the extra money on BM wheels (I asked myself that question)?

10. Hellcat Prof

Hellcat Prof VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    BM wheels will start production for 2016 model year the week of 10/12.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mopar Ragtop

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Excellent. Thank you.

12. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Are the BM wheels painted or powder coated?

13. Mopar Ragtop

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I believe they are painted.I keep hearing that the finish is soft and can be easily scratched. Doesn't sound like powder coating.

14. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That's what I thought.

15. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You are buying 4 Hellcats?