SRT Hellcat Forum banner

brass monkeys???

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  RadCat 
#1 ·
dealer called to finally get my order in and everything available except,brass monkeys.. sunroof, a8, hood, b5, sepia.. but greyed out for the wheels anyone know why??? might have to order without. said once i order no promises to change.. man, the brass monkeys with sepia looks great.. any input would be appretiated..
thanks..

#7 ·
Get the car. No way to know how long you will wait. A number of wheels out there in bronze including HPE. Get the 10.5" rears for more meat to the pavement.

#11 ·
if you don't care about the originality of your car, then you could go with the black wheels. the price went up for 16 on the A8, satin hood, brass wheels etc. I waited for pcp & brass wheels. if your keeping your car as I am, then its worth the wait. look at the 15 production and you will see a lot less of cars with the brass wheels. follow your heart!

#12 ·
I've had orders in since 12/8/2014, 4 in total, 4 different states, 4 deposits, chasing one that actually had an allocation. FINALLY found a dealer who knew what he was talking about, had an allocation, for an A8 Challenger. Placed my order, including sunroof, Sepia and brass monkeys. Two days go by from placing the order, had a VON (had 3 of those already), but no VIN. He says drop the brass monkey wheels and you'll get a VIN. I did and got a VIN the next morning. So a month goes by, I go to D1, so it's finally getting close. I have been emailing my dealer to send me POC's as the status changes. Really didn't pay too much attention to them until last week when I'm told that I'm scheduled for build this week. I just happened to look over my latest D1 POC and notice that brass monkeys are still on the order list. I thought it was just something left over from the original order. I asked the dealer late last night, "hey, the brass monkeys are still listed as an option on my POC, is there any chance that I could actually get them?"...and he responds first thing this morning that it looks like I'm going to get them. He doesn't know how or why, but I'm getting them. I saw someone else here who ordered after I did (my last order with the dealer that came through for me) get the BM wheels and I wondered why, so I asked my dealer if I could add them back now and he said NO, but it did happen. So if you have a car in D/D1 status right now, and you have a VIN, try it, add the BM option back in and see what happens. Maybe they finally have a catch-up in the supply chain.

Anyway, I hope many of you can benefit from my example. Hope it works for you as well (lucky) as it did for me. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.