brass monkeys???

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by jaque, Oct 11, 2015.

1. jaque

jaque Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    dealer called to finally get my order in and everything available except,brass monkeys.. sunroof, a8, hood, b5, sepia.. but greyed out for the wheels anyone know why??? might have to order without. said once i order no promises to change.. man, the brass monkeys with sepia looks great.. any input would be appretiated..
    thanks..

2. waiting for mine

waiting for mine 10/30/15 DELIVERED ON DEVILS NIGHT

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yesterday i was talking to the owner of the dealership i ordered from, he said its a hit and miss on the wheels i was lucky the day i ordered mine it was not an issue. mine went to D1 last Monday dealer delivery week of 10/22

3. FINALLYSATISFIED

FINALLYSATISFIED Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If it's what you want, I'd wait.

4. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's your car but personally I don't think a paint job is worth $1k. Plus try and find touch up for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Obiefox

Obiefox Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dealer told me the same thing on Friday when I placed my order. Brass Monkeys not available in the system to order at this time.

6. kenhebe

kenhebe Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Order with black rims and then take to a wheel repair center or body shop and spend $600 to have them painted that color. Problem solved.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Get the car. No way to know how long you will wait. A number of wheels out there in bronze including HPE. Get the 10.5" rears for more meat to the pavement.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Get the black default rims (lots cheaper than the BM rims), and when the car arrives go get the rims powder coated to whatever color you want and save a lot of money. The powder coated rims will be a lot more durable than the BM rims, too.

April

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Vendor supply issue...

10. SRTHC

SRTHC Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My car was ordered on 9/11 and received vin on 9/24. its currently in D1 status and scheduled for build the week of 10/19 plum crazy, satin black hood, brass monkey wheels, sepia inter A8 trans.

11. SRTHC

SRTHC Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    if you don't care about the originality of your car, then you could go with the black wheels. the price went up for 16 on the A8, satin hood, brass wheels etc. I waited for pcp & brass wheels. if your keeping your car as I am, then its worth the wait. look at the 15 production and you will see a lot less of cars with the brass wheels. follow your heart!

12. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've had orders in since 12/8/2014, 4 in total, 4 different states, 4 deposits, chasing one that actually had an allocation. FINALLY found a dealer who knew what he was talking about, had an allocation, for an A8 Challenger. Placed my order, including sunroof, Sepia and brass monkeys. Two days go by from placing the order, had a VON (had 3 of those already), but no VIN. He says drop the brass monkey wheels and you'll get a VIN. I did and got a VIN the next morning. So a month goes by, I go to D1, so it's finally getting close. I have been emailing my dealer to send me POC's as the status changes. Really didn't pay too much attention to them until last week when I'm told that I'm scheduled for build this week. I just happened to look over my latest D1 POC and notice that brass monkeys are still on the order list. I thought it was just something left over from the original order. I asked the dealer late last night, "hey, the brass monkeys are still listed as an option on my POC, is there any chance that I could actually get them?"...and he responds first thing this morning that it looks like I'm going to get them. He doesn't know how or why, but I'm getting them. I saw someone else here who ordered after I did (my last order with the dealer that came through for me) get the BM wheels and I wondered why, so I asked my dealer if I could add them back now and he said NO, but it did happen. So if you have a car in D/D1 status right now, and you have a VIN, try it, add the BM option back in and see what happens. Maybe they finally have a catch-up in the supply chain.

Anyway, I hope many of you can benefit from my example. Hope it works for you as well (lucky) as it did for me. Good luck!