Bravado Tribute Wheel Hub Center Bore - 68.3mm

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by TrackDay, Apr 18, 2016.

1. TrackDay

TrackDay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I believe our hub center bore should be 71.5mm and just read the Tribute wheel is 68.3mm. Several of you have used them on the rear for drag radials, etc. Did you have any mounting issues?

Over a year ago I installed some Hotchkis wheels on a previous Scat Pack and had some issues getting them to go over the hub bore. I expect they measured less than 71.5mm.

2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You looking for your "drag" set? If so, I am watching because since my driveshaft is finally on the road, I may also want to see how quick it can be along with its good road course manner. These Bravado's are a good buy, nobody has blown them apart yet, so I may jump in too.

3. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

Are oem wheels hub centric? Don't think so. I have two sets of rear Bravado wheels 11x20 and 10x18 for sticky tires. NO Issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. TrackDay

TrackDay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'll go ahead and order a pair. Just concerned if their hub bore ID is tight. Those Hotchkis wheels were a pain.

5. Tire God

Tire God Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes OEM wheels are hub centric. If you go with aftermarket it's imperative to get hub centric rings so the wheel fits perfectly on the hub. Not having hub centric wheels can actually cause vibration problems, and also the weight of the car is designed to sit on the hub not the studs.

6. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When I measured the OEM hub ring. It seemed little bigger than 71.5.. I'll measure it again when I put tire again this weekend

7. Tire God

Tire God Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  8. Tire God

Tire God Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If the wheel as a bore smaller than the hub size the wheel will simply not fit at all.

9. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No vibration, no hub centric rings on two sets of after market wheels all using drag radials and getting beat on, so I have to disagree with you ;);)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tire God

Tire God Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You can do a quick Google search on the matter and you will find what I just said to be true. The reason is that when wheels are on the balancer they are coned in the hubbore so that they are centered like they are supposed to be on the hub. In some cases if you don't have hub rings, this can cause a vibration due to the wheel being centered by the lugs instead of the hub like it's supposed to be. There is actually a way to mount the wheel on the balancer with a bolt plate instead of a cone, to simulate a wheel being lug centric which would take care of the vibration issue. I'm sure there are very few shops that still have the old school bolt plates. There are many cases of studs bending and causing axel damage, as well as studs sheering off completely due to the weight being on the studs and then hitting a large enough pothole or any major force. Of course this means complete wheel detachment. Just get a 5 dollar set of rings lol. If you don't believe me it's all over the Internet.

11. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Brother,

I have a Tributes in 18 inch and Drag Dr 37 in 20 inch, I ran a best of 10.76 with the 20 inch and 10.05 with the Tributes, currently using the Tributes and will be going faster with them (hopefully). I also know of another racer running tributes in the 10.7 range with 100's of passes. No bent lugs or other issues, I understand what you are saying, however, not sweating it as almost all race wheels listed at Summit have much bigger hub diameters and they do not even offer hub rings (not listed as option). I referring to Welds and Racestar wheels to name a few.

FYI - There are members here running 5 x 114.3 mustang rims rather than 5 x 115, forget the hub issue and they are having no issues, as far as I know. Yes, they apparently fit just fine.

12. Tire God

Tire God Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Omg you have to be joking. I thought thoes days were over. I guess I was wrong. I caught that fitment issue once. The guy bought rims and tires from a place called rent a tire. He needed a new one because the lug holes wallowed out due to the incorrect bolt pattern, and the wheel came loose. He put his spare on and drove it to us. When I saw the wheel, it was an immediate red flag. I asked for the rent a tire invoice, he looked in his glove box and gave it to me. And there it was, the 5-115 bolt pattern. I explained to him exactly why you can't put on a wheel that "almost fits". Luckily it didn't cause an accident. I called rent a tire and asked if they could get the same wheel after giving them the part number on the invoice. They said yes they would have to order it. I then asked what bolt pattern it is. He said 5-115. I said that it was going on a mustang and I needed a 5-114.3 and that they had sold the wrong fitment to this guy. He then asked for the customers phone number and name to look up the invoice. After a long silence he said, "oh its the right bolt pattern just send the customer our way". Yeah right! I started explaining what happened and he got defensive and then hung up on me. I told the guy to go over there and demand the correct fitment, or get a lawyer involved. The lug holes look just like the pic I'm posting. LugNutFailure3.jpg

13. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nope not joking, I am glad you posted the photo, some may take note o_Oo_O

• Like Like x 1
  14. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

Bolt pattern is one thing only 115 is right. Center Bore is another. If wheels have a conical lug nuts they self center and the locking force is on the lug torque. Most after market race wheels are not hub concentric ;

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Paul,

Thanks for the information, that is what I thought, however, been out of the game too long to so for sure