SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Bright white - thoughts?

12K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  VanishingPoint 
#1 ·
I've found an available Hellcat to purchase that has the exterior color Bright White. Would appreciate any feedback others have who currently own the same color or have seen it in person. I've had cars that are a pearl white, much like the color Cadillac uses for its Escalades.

#3 ·
In the shade, low light or from a distance, the BW and Ivory look almost the same. Like April said, if you find something you like, jump on it quick. Good Luck.

#4 ·
Too plain Jane for me from the Charger I saw but that's just me

#6 ·
Bright White would be THE BOMB! You can do any number of things... Matte hood... or.. Reds Stripes... or Blue Stripes... or Orange Stripes... or

You get the idea? White looks crisp, clean and IMHO offers the widest "canvas" for you to be able to express yourself. I'd a rock a white one in an Arizona minute!

#8 ·
owed a bright white 2011 IE 392

when washed it REALLY it bright...almost a high impact color...ive been in a group of challenger guys and even had one of them tell me that.....i had blue hood stripes which made the car pop out more....i think if you go bright white you need the black hood....and some form of side stripe to jazz it up....for me an all white car w/o the hood and or side stripes would be just too plain

white pros----doesnt show swirls
cons- shows dirt on the tail light area as soon as you drive it 100'.....and rail dust...i only had this issue over the winter...when id take it out of storage in the spring id have rust spec's i had to clay bar off the rear bumper and back fenders

id own a white car again....not a challenger though...to me i love the bright colors.......for many people white is exciting enough for them.....

what rims does it have?
A8?
what interior does it have?

#10 ·
I have the bright white and it's the first white car I've owned at all. I love it! I might do a wrap or some graphics later but I'm just loving the color right now. Yeah, it does get dirty in the rear quick, but other than that, looks good pretty much all the time. This is a great car to own in this color as it turns heads a lot from people who have no clue what a Hellcat is, but just like the way it looks. I'd say go ahead and pull the trigger. You won't regret it. I originally was going for Jazz Blue, but I took a chance on this color and haven't had a moment to regret it.

#16 ·
Sublime is no better for dirt on the rear. The lower quarters behind the wheels and the entire back of the car in the tail light / bumper area is trashed after a few miles on a nice day. I clean the back almost once a day LOL.

#13 ·
Both my wife and I knew we wanted the Challenger to be White, but at first couldn't decide between the Bright White or the Ivory. We had the opportunity to see a Bright White and Ivory Challenger side by side. Believe me, it was a very tough call. In the end we choose the Bright White. It just seemed to 'POP' more. Had more of a presence. We're possibly planning on adding the silver center stripes late to further accent the car.

Reactions: intercooler
#18 ·
I got the Ivory because I like Pearl finishes. If it is cloudy out it is hard to see the Pearl. Either would be fine. The question is do you like white? I have never owned a white vehicle until now. I really like how the black accents the car.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

#31 ·
I got the Ivory because I like Pearl finishes. If it is cloudy out it is hard to see the Pearl. Either would be fine. The question is do you like white? I have never owned a white vehicle until now. I really like how the black accents the car.
If I got the white,.....I'd have to get the Ivory as well. I LOVE pearl finishes and the way it shines in the sunlight.

#24 ·
I bought a bright white for a few reasons: It's Vanishing Point white & looks great on a retro car to me. It stays cleaner looking longer & easier to match the paint if necessary. Bright White will not date your car down the road like other colors may. Less susceptible to paint fade if parked outside, albeit over a long time.

But one of the major reasons & I didn't fully appreciated it until I got out of the detail shop yesterday: It hides a lot of sins from the factory. If you think your H/C has or will come with a flawless paint job, you will be disappointed or you have not have not looked close enough at your own car. It's a mass produced car at a factory with a notoriously bad paint program.

Like others have said, if white is too plain for you; stripe it up!

#26 ·
I have a white Challenger cat scheduled to arrive in a few days...
From my white new 89 Mustang on I have had a thing for white cars... Black looks the best ( at a car show ) but after owning one new black car that I had to polish at least one time a month because of swirl marks it is now always white for me. I do have a black Harley and the black and chrome works but I can wax the tank in 3 min so a motorcycle is the only vehicle I would consider in a dark color.

I had a white Honda van with Hail damage...I traded it at high noon on sunny day and no one questioned the dings as you could not see them. With that in mind white may have the best resale value and you just don't see dings and such. I have also owned a peal white car and found the touchup paint comes as a pair and I find impossible to match on a rock chip. The bright white IMO on any car is the easiest to maintain and may hold value longer and I just like white. The idea of being able to add a stripe works on white great. See my Ram truck pic I traded last year. A $45 eBay Mopar stripe does a lot IMO if you want to change things up.... Get the white!

#27 ·
White is also nice on those hot summer afternoons here in SoCal.

#29 ·
White is a bad ass color. You get a great contrast from the black wheels, black rear spoiler, satin black hood if optioned, possible window tint etc... I love my Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl Cat. Go for it!

Reactions: Snappycat
#30 ·
White is the way to go. I wish I had bought the silver one when I picked my pitch black one. The body lines were a bit screwed in the hood area so I chose black because it hid them much better. If I didn't have Hellcat fever at the time I would have chosen the silver and just wrapped the hood...that would have hidden most of the issue but I wasn't thinking clearly at the time. I'm a white vehicle guy, through and through. No other color looks cleaner. My last three purchases have been black and I've been pretty miserable trying to keep them clean.

#32 ·
I totally agree that white is the easiest colour to look after and hides a lot of dings swirl marks,u got me thinking though I'm gonna give this guy a chance to wrap my hood on my dually. See how it turns out before he gets a chance to do Hellcat. Oops forgot haven't received my Hellcat yet or vin ffs.

#33 ·
Thanks for all your help guys. Pulled the trigger on an ivory cat today. Signed the papers. Picked it up. Drove 4.5 hours each way in non-stop pouring rain to snatch it up before someone else found it. Props to my wife for "wasting" - as she would probably put it - her whole Saturday. Will post a new thread with pics later this evening. Awesome car!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.