Bringing Hellcat to Hell. ;)

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by XCSEDAN, Apr 13, 2016.

1. XCSEDAN

XCSEDAN Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey Guys how are you goin?
    checkin in from Melbourne Aus, looking at hellcats and thinking of bringing one down here, challenger in black fits the looks i think.
    will be around and asking some general questions shortly, first of all, has anyone thrown a bigger KB or whipple on one of these suckers yet?

Cheers
    Trev

• Like Like x 4
  2. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and welcome to the best forum possible for your search and research. These cars are a engineering marvel. You should drive one before you decide to put another sc on it. Powerful and loaded car that is a rocket

• Like Like x 1
  3. Killer Kat

Killer Kat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello and welcome... It's great to see someone from down under on the forum! You all have a good history of fast cars and drag racing... You will be amazed by the pure power of the HC. It's a beast and a total blast to drive... Most are getting super numbers just by changing upper and lower pulleys... Anyway I love my Jazz Blue HC! You won't be disappointed or you choose a Hellcat.
    Pasadena, MD
    Wayne

• Like Like x 1
  4. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad to have you on the forum and as a part of our community. As MABBRYFL said above, you may like it the way it was born, or as Killer Kat, above this post mentions, a few folks have had some significant gains with pulleys; and ECM work. Straight out of the "box", it's a pleasure to drive with great road manners in town or at speed...surprising for a 2-ton + automobile. I hope you make the move and "get'cha some of that!"

• Like Like x 2
  5. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome to the forum! I have been watching and reading about what the racers on the forum have been doing to their Cats before I attempt anything on mine. This particular engine has not been in production long enough for me to feel comfortable with any significant changes. have a look around the forums, there is a wealth of knowledge about the Hellcat here. I am listing a couple of the forum areas which will most likely have the information you are seeking. Links below. :)

April

SRT Hellcat Builds

SRT Hellcat Performance

6. GreenPirate

GreenPirate SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome! My advice - before moving directly to modification, like others, I'd suggest that you drive one of these cars first. They are very unusual, to say the least.
    If you then purchase one, and want to build on the foundation of an already great platform, then go for it!
    I am still just learning how to best handle our M6 Challenger at over 6,500 miles.
    All the best!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. XCSEDAN

XCSEDAN Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    thankyou all for the warm welcome!!
    i actually had the idea of driving one before purchasing, i was going to ask if anyone knows somewhere where you can hire these cars out? or is there any members that would be open to doing this? I'm only interested in manual cars too, I saw one auto for hire but its not my fancy.
    ill be stateside in early september for 10 days and would love to have one for my trip while im over there,
    going from LA to san fran then across to nevada and yosemite etc
    as for power, I'm currently building a GSX-R 600 with a garrett GTX2867R and i plan on putting 30+psi of boost through it and trying to crack 250+mph on the salt flats, I'm quite used to hi powered vehicles, but I am understanding exactly where you are coming from, I think it would take at least 12 months for my hip pocket to recover from the impact it'll take just getting it over here and converted (been quoted almost 50K to convert it to RHD)
    I'll definitely check out the builds section etc been flicking through for a while now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome Trev
    Happy to see you on the Forum. You just received great information from everybody . We have some great Hellcat motor upgrades on here. I am sure you will get the combination you want after you get your Hellcat. The Hellcat is very powerful right off the dealer floor.
    Enjoy the Forum and ask about what you are interested in and the people on the Forum will help you.

Chuck

• Like Like x 1