BUDNIK wheels

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by Tom Barrett, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Tom Barrett

Tom Barrett Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Does anyone have experience with Budnik wheels?

I am interested in going with the G10 wheel but fining accurate information is difficult. Budnik told me they have one set running on a Hellcat but that the owner had an issue with one of the four brake calipers.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just curious how you have an issue with one of the four calipers....they are the same on each side, so you'd either have an issue with none, two fronts, two rears, or both fronts and rears. Correct me if I am wrong, but an issue with one caliper doesn't make sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tom Barrett

Tom Barrett Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The man at Budnik said it had to do with the brake pad. Stated the owner had to file the brake pad on one caliper and then it fit. Said it is very close but it will fit.

That's why I'm asking the question. Seemed odd to me as well.

4. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yea, that is so odd. Why would you only have to shave one pad? Was one pad more used than the other? LOL Just very weird to me. I wouldn't want to risk something that close, especially on a wheel.

5. Tom Barrett

Tom Barrett Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was hoping the hellcat owner with the wheels might be on this forum. Then I could hear it from the horses mouth.

I agree with you and that is why I haven't purchased them yet. Just hoping to talk to the owner. The Budnik guy was no help regarding contact information either.

6. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome buddy...good luck on the wheel search....just make sure the ones you get are forged....I would not trust a cast wheel on a car with this much power. A wheel failure is catastrophic!

7. Beeman

Beeman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If filing one pad to fit, when it comes time to replace brake pads you will have to file two or four if you do the rears