Build Dates?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Snappycat, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    With many VIN's being issued to forum members, a lot of us are getting build dates. SRT told me my scheduled to build date is week of 4/27. Does that mean my car is scheduled to be built that week (I know things change) OR will it be scheduled to build...go D1 the week of 4/27 and not actually get built until June? I am currently in D. In some of the responses RS is giving, I see some folks where their info says...for example...scheduled to build 3/18, it is in D1. but car hasn't been started yet. Anyone care to address this?

2. Dak59RT

Dak59RT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think it's scheduled for build that week. Mine is D1 and has a scheduled build date of 4/20. I won't hold my breath though... I would expect nothing less than a sizable delay when it comes to this car. That and the fact that issues like the radiators are popping up... It might slow things down a tad if they want to make some small modifications. I'm ready to be told it won't be 4/20.

3. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dak...I agree...I am almost expecting it to be delayed and mentally prepared for early July delivery OR later. I am sure FCA is trying hard to do their best...PEP TALK!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hope both of you get it built already!!! I want you both to feel some awesome power and attention lol

• Like Like x 3
  5. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome power. Oh yeah!! I had a '94 TOY Supra with the twin turbos@ 320 HP. I also had a 2005 C6 Corvette with 400 HP...and the HC has about as much HP as the two combined...can't wait!!

6. CivilEngineer42

CivilEngineer42 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is a "PROJECTED" build date..........Subject to change at any moment.........I was 2/6 and got pushed to 3/2...........But once you go to "E" status it is done in about 24 to 48 hours and ready for inspection........So don't be surprised if you get pushed.......Its all about the parts on hand to be able to build it.......I think mine got pushed due to the Laguna Leather..........Sorry Snappycat.........:(

7. Sinurgy

Sinurgy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was told my build date is May 4th but I'm still in D status.

8. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the feed back. I understand schedules change and I'm OK with that as long as it keeps "inching"forward.Wouldn't it be something/in my dreams if my cat got built on 4/27, went thru E status easily, lucked out and hit the train just right and there was no damage and got delivered to the dealer promptly? That sucker could be here last week of May. OR none of that happens and It shows mid July/Aug. I am committed to getting a HC and will hope for the best...lol

9. ramair111

ramair111 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My car was built on 3/26 and its projected to load on railcar 4/25 and arrive at dealer 4/29.I am also on the west coast.So its a slow trip west.

10. ramair111

ramair111 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Let me amend that, load on railcar 4/12 not 4/25.

11. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A month after build to arrive here seems about right.

12. Ironside

Ironside Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hope you get yours built soon Snappycat - I know you've been rootin' for me and now i'm in your corner hoping you get your sweet, sweet Hellmobile soon!

Estimated build week (in theory) means it will be BUILT that week. Mine changed from March 20th, to March 30th, to April 6th and briefly to April 27th. Luckily, I was able to get them to pull back on that last delay and get my car built yesterday/today.

Keep on them any way you can!

13. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know your "Pain" well. Some get hung up and other fly on thru. At least you know its coming soon and you will be diggin' it all summer long. Thanks for the support!! Much appreciated.

14. HELLTOGET

HELLTOGET Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My car was built on March 19 and I was told it might be loaded this weekend, maybe. There is still no delivery date however. I don't understand how a car company that has building cars for a hundred years still does not have an operation that runs smoothly. Dodge should be able to produce cars with unwavering predictability. Yet it seems that each of these cars take a different amount of time to be built, stored, shipped and delivered to dealers. I don't get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Zookeeper93

Zookeeper93 GOZ211

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That has to be the worst part, knowing it is built and yet, takes so long to get to you.