Bulletin #1730- See below

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by yurdaddy, Mar 11, 2015.

1. yurdaddy

yurdaddy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Has anyone come across this bulletin? Its saying all HC's from now on are to be inspected by Fenkell to assure quality. From what I understand a dealer in the south made a big stink about the seats in a HC came to the dealer dirty. The dealer made a big stink and now FCA made it mandatory to look at all HC's. My car has been sitting at a rail yard for 3 days waiting on Fenkell to look it over.This is just another road block between me and my HC.

World Wide Vehicle Transportation

BULLETIN #1730

TO: All

SUBJECT: Hellcat Inspections – All units to be inspected prior to dealer delivery

DATE: 1/31/2015

All Hellcat units must be placed on AA hold at the last point of rest prior to dealer delivery. This includes destination ramps and origin mixing facilities. Fenkell will be inspecting all units to ensure conditions are acceptable for dealer delivery. Please notify Fenkell as soon as units are placed on hold. Units must remain on hold until released for shipment by Fenkell.

If you have any questions please contact INL at Network_Management@InsightNL.com.

Thank you,

Luca Kolcaj
    FCA
    Manager, Vehicle Transportation Operations

• Useful Useful x 3
  2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Interesting is insightNL even a legit company? Where this email come from I wonder

3. F6F

F6F BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    RS should be able to clarify this, maybe?

4. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  5. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My HC was held at the Hapeville railhead for a week for this inspection on 2/7. I finally took delivery on 2/14.

6. yurdaddy

yurdaddy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    F6f3. Can you tell me what the reason why your car ended up taking an extra week. Nobody can tell me nothing.

7. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    From what I understand, the inspection firm takes pictures and sends them to FCA. I've also heard, but not confirmed, that an audio recording is made. I'm sure it's nothing nefarious, such as, damaged vehicles. After having some issues during and after arrival at the yard, they are making sure.

8. Chippy

Chippy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep true up here in Canada as well.

9. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep, mine was scheduled for delivery tonight. On hold with Fenkell. We are going to run up the food chain tomorrow, I want to know what is damaged on my car. It is starting to sound like a used new car.

10. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My Challenger was a bit dirty on the inside on delivery, but was nothing compared to the Charger. It was absolutely filthy.. Dirt and mud all over the floor panels and lower door panel. Even some dirt on the driver side of the dashboard above the instrument cluster. All clean now but was a bit surprised...

11. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine had transit repairs made by Fenkell, at the Phoenix railyard, and then, when the demonic cat finally reached the dealer, it was dirty and grimy and even had some 'bad' scratches. The dealer sent it to body shop and got the scratches buffed out, so when I went to the dealership once it was deemed 'ready for delivery', it looked beautiful by then! These cars ain't made in heaven, folks...

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'll tell you this...for $70,000 incl tax or for $15,000 I don't care, my new car will NOT come with ANY scratches on it period, end of conversation!

My Service Manager and Dealer Owner have no misunderstanding and are on the same page. This car is either ready to polish for a car show on delivery or FCA pays for a new paint job. And now that it is flagged for uncertain damage the fine tooth comb just got as fine as my custom bike builder eye can get when I see that car! Just because it is called a Hellcat does not mean it has to run through hell between Toronto and the USA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Good luck with a new paint job if you look at the car and think it should come to that ;) FCA wouldn't even warranty 2 wheels on my 2012 Jeep SRT when they were corroding after 18k miles. FCA warranty procedures require pics sent via their internal dealer network system and someone at FCA reviews the pics and claim and decides whether it is accepted or rejected. Mine was rejected and the comment was "owner should have taken care of wheels better". Nevermind my cars are fairly immaculately kept and the service manager said he would back that claim up, but if I took poor care of them how did 2 go bad but not the other 2? :confused:

My guess is the dirty interiors and damaged front splitters are the cause for this hold. Which like many have said already.....just delays the transportation/delivery of these cars even more :rolleyes:

14. Brampton Builder

Brampton Builder Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In my personal opinion I've always thought these cars should be treated like the viper , shipped in enclosed trailers and not sit in yards for months in the elements.

• Agree Agree x 3