Burn outs

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by chuck, Jul 31, 2015.

1. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would like to know what people are doing to protect there car from the rubber when burn outs are being done I know rubber will be sticking to your car and fixed for this . Thanks for any info

2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Pam, big can in trunk

3. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks guess this has no effect on your paint

4. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Wash it off on the way home from track. You need to do the rear of fender liners also and underneath paint

5. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks B5 you always got good info

6. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I do it every week and it works

7. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks brother I'm want to be ready

8. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No burnout yet as I have exactly 495 miles on her :cool:,,, However, I'm ready as I have my ZL1 rock guards installed ( front and back) and 3M Pro Series film installed yesterday behind the front and rear rock guards. More for rock chips but will help keep rubber off the car as well I would think or that rock kicked up when doing a burnout. FYI, the bra film is hard to see, I processed the photo to make the line show up better. I am very happy with the 3M product and shop that did the work.

[​IMG]

9. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That looks good what does this cost and what city and state in located in Tn really dont know anyone that does this but I have heard of it my car is pitch black so dont think this would even be noticed on my car. I seen some cars with clear bra also my problem might be finding some one to do this . I'm in the country not close to any big city's there is a body shop not far from me guess that's who installs this is that right. But currious about cost thanks for info

10. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Rock guards rear from ZL1 but if you do drag radials get the Mopar ones as they are wider. ZL1 okay for stock tires

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I installed the rock guards myself. I have mixed feeling between the Mopar brand and the ZL1, The ZL1 is thinner and less noticeable IMO but the Mopar is bigger and from what people say may offer more protection.

I had the bra film installed in Charleston SC. $700 for 1/2 hood, front bumper, both mirrors and front and back behind all wheels.
    You can search for an installer via my links below . I have a link for 3M and Xpel but you have several more manufactures of film you may want to search. Most all film manufactures website will show dealers in your area. FYI, I drove about 90 miles each way to save $400 and use a shop with great online reviews.
    I hate rock chips so this is cheap insurance as IMO it is not if you will get a rock chip its when. I had a small windshield chip at 300 miles! The design of that area behind the wheels on a Challenger requires at a minimum rock guards.

3M link Where to Buy 3M Paint Protection Film

XPEL Link div style border 1px solid 990000 padding-left 20px margin 0 0 10px 0 h4 A PHP Error was encountered h4 p Severity Notice p p Message Undefined index HTTP ACCEPT LANGUAGE p p Filename libraries Localization.php p p Line Number 26 p div XPEL PPF and Clear Bra Dealer Locator

12. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks B5 good info

13. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the info very helpful to me and other members thanks soundman

• Like Like x 1
  14. ljaviation

ljaviation Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I did a product called Flightshield. Had 3 guys do the car in a day. It was guaranteed to be harder than the factory paint. I buy a gallon jug from the detailer and a bag full of microfiber towels.. $90 a gallon. Everything wipes off. All bugs , tar. rubber I was told the car needs not a washing again. There isn't a acid rain spot on it anywhere, and I can clean the exterior in 20 minutes. I'm very happy with this product.
    FWIW., I'm sold. I, have no affiliation with the company. Thay asked me to do my car for their Facebook benefit. I do love the product.
    L J

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  15. chuck

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That sounds great ill look into it thanks