Buzzing rear side panel speaker

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Electronics' started by Aarcuda, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The tiny 3" speaker in the side panel on the drivers side under the window by the backseat was buzzing like it was blown from day 1. Got the car June 22, 2015 and I took it back it have them replace the speaker. They finally ordered the right speaker and put it in last week. Guess what? Its still buzzing.

It doesnt buzz all the time. Only sometimes. Sometimes its when the host is talking and other times when certain songs play.

But it seems to only happen when I listen to Sirius XM radio- classic vinyl, the comedy stations, rock etc it doesnt matter. I tried listening to regular radio FM and im not sure it happens then. But Ive only listened to it for about a half hour.

How can a speaker buzz only when satellite radio is on? Bad antenna? Or bad satellite module? I wish I had a friggen schematic or wiring diagram for this car.

BTW, they said they accidentally ordered a rear panel speaker the first time and it was the same little 3" speaker but mounted in a 6" or8" round speaker mount. kinda cheesy. Ive heard people put a 6x9 in the back but this one is round. I never looked at the rear deck so Im assuming the tech told me the right info. The rear speaker had a PN 05091043AE-001

IMG_4137.JPG

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is the correct speaker. They all use the same part number. The tech should just remove the 2 screws securing it to that lager mount and just the speaker part goes in the car for the 1/4 panel speaker.

As for the buzz heard in satellite.....let me see if I can dig up an old thread I wrote years ago explaining this issue. You probably won't like the answer. I thought they fixed cause I don't hear it anymore in thr 15's but from what your describing maybe they haven't.

3. goat1964-2004

goat1964-2004 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ive got the same buzzing sound!

4. buddyg

buddyg Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Me too

5. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Uh oh..... Damn. I was hoping there's a fix. But I guess I'm not too worried since I won't renew Sirius anyways.

On a good note I'm glad I'm not crazy! If others have the same issue then it's prob true!

6. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oh and the tech agreed the speaker would have worked but since it was a warranty issue they couldn't just use the other part number be fca is funny like that

7. TomInNorCal

TomInNorCal Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have the same problem too. I thought it was maybe the quality of the radio station but it appears others have the same issue.