Bwoody arrived: Install or not? (aka "Oh look, ANOTHER Bwoody thread")

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by Bandit, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I gotta tell you, I'm really up in the air about installing this thing.

Bwoody has posted saying in no uncertain terms that the intake will make our engines run lean. How lean... they didn't say... but lean on a F/I engine can be catastrophic.

I won't install until I get a dry element, luckily we now know where to get one. Oiled elements and MAF do not work together, and dammit they should have known that. I was unaware that it was an oiled filter until AFTER I paid my money.

With the MAF sensor issues being discussed in the other thread(s) and the IAT temps going so high, this alarms me as well.

See, this wouldn't be an issue normally but Bwoody has said clearly that they will not honor a single return for refund until they have made a custom MAF to sell us, and only if we don't like the operation with the new MAF installed can we do a possible return. So now, unbeknownst to me at the time of order, I have to spend even MORE money and wait even longer to put this thing on.

Some of you have been running yours for a few weeks, what say you? I drive my car hard, and we have intense heat (Texas).

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. mowe

mowe Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Honestly between the other two threads is all of the information you need....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's bullshit mike don't know cock the hellcat wideband will make small adjustments to keep it safe in the afr and if any one wanna challenge that ask aj or Joshua at hhp

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bwoody send back if you care for
    power to dollar best is drop in

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know the information, I just detailed it all.

I'm looking for opinions from those who are currently running the intake

• Like Like x 1
  6. mowe

mowe Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have it installed now but my build is full bolt ons and a tune. Will let you know how it works this week.

7. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have the BWoody on my Hellcat and love it. The supercharger whine is much more pronounced, and it is a quality piece that comes with a rain shield in matching paint to the intake tube. I have not had any issues with CEL's, and I sit in traffic in the heat every day. I ran it safely on my daily driver for about 2,000 miles with no issues. After some mild tuning, I picked up a good amount of power as well, on a very hot dyno day. Without tuning, it is a great supporting mod that really makes the supercharger shine. With tuning, you can really take advantage of the added airflow (a tested 700+ cfm more than stock) to get some nice gains. They are also working on the upgraded MAF as we speak, and a separate harness which will come with the intake to properly register intake temps, since the OEM one was tested to give false readings under high heat. The MAF sensor itself will be an upgrade for those that do not want to be tuned, but the harness will be included with the intake, as far as I understand. It's a quality piece that I would not think twice to install. I have it on my Hellcat, and it is staying on my Hellcat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. CO Springs Sublime Kitty

CO Springs Sublime Kitty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lots of info there, thank you. Just to clarify, what exactly is coming with this intake if I buy it today? Rain shield and the intake...is that it or is there more in the package? Best way to order and do we get a discount from the forum?

9. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The sound is awesome no lie car sounds like mean hellcat but performance wise nothing gained

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The intake comes with the rain shield, and when the harnesses are done, you will receive that as well. The harness is just protection against false IAT readings from a flawed OEM sensor, but you can run it without the harness just fine. Contact mike@bwp and he can get you all set up with one. He would be able to tell you the current pricing. Good luck!

11. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lip stick on a pig. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't install it if you want to return it, don't install it unless you don't mind seeing engine codes, don't install it if you want to see a "solo" power gain, don't install it unless you believe unconfirmed flow numbers equal power increases, don't install it unless you approve of installing incomplete parts with minimal testing done on them....

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Let me say this cause shit got sideways

All the intakes work or have purpose
    Some are cute some make sound it's your driving habit for choosing me Bwoody sounds and works cause I can get creative cut it poke it bend it move sensors or what works for me

Personally i think any forum member who ready buy another intake should buy craven one and post there results and finding wit data driving

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I nominate cole3986 to test it he wants to make some baseline pulls anyways can test before n after wit craven

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. CO Springs Sublime Kitty

CO Springs Sublime Kitty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What water/meth kit are you running? Did you drill into the bwoody for that?