BWoody DTC Update

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by B5 Blue, Sep 3, 2015.

1. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I talked to mike@bwp about the issue of the DTC setting when ambient temp is 87ish and above with the CAI under certain conditions. I’m satisfied with his explanation and I will test the solution which is a plug and play harness (no wire cutting) that separates the IAT within the MAF for an external IAT at the dragstrip just as I did before. The weather in my neck of the woods will be cooler by then and Mike assured me that in July of 2016 if it throws the DTC again he will take the CAI back.

I’ve had enough of this subject for a while. All information was provided same day good and bad. All on this forum need to understand that I have $400 invested in this and want nothing more than to see it produce gains. I won’t respond to anyone in this thread other than to Mike as this is between him and me, he wants it to work as well as I. Mike you can always call or text me anytime just as in the past. From our conversation here are important things to note.

· This DTC only happens in high ambient conditions. Mike thought I was an isolated case but that has been ruled out. Mike says it’s the IAT and I will test it.

· Mike has informed me that other vendors don’t want to get involved with Hellcat parts for possible bashing if things go awry. I can see both sides of this issue and all I will say about that is Mike is trying to come up with a solution instead of washing his hands of it.

· Communication breakdown leads to absolutely no good for either side and Mike and I discussed that today.

B5

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. owenspackman

owenspackman BritishCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice B5. Thanks for the update. Good to hear.

I've yet to have a code (only had it a week) but have high temps and humidity here in charleston.

I look forward to the fix shipping out to customers and hopefully a great performing intake!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shake&Bake

Shake&Bake Back to (1) Club?

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dammit man, I thought that me and you could talk about anything?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. mike@bwp

mike@bwp Gold Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the call B5 and im very happy that you and I are now that were on the same page, maybe the others will start comprehending what we are trying to achieve for the community, instead of flaming over a product they don't even own.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Trucker Bob

Trucker Bob Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks B5, like I said I'll wait until it gets all worked out. I think You and Mike will get the Fix. I'm glad to see you Guys working together.