BWOODY Hellcat Challenger / Charger Velocity Plus intake Results/ Reviews

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hemi1632, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Since my posts have been erased and the thread has been locked down I figured I would repost something that I wrote that caused the thread to be locked, you better be quick because it will be gone soon!

Boy oh boy, I guess someone doesn't like to hear when people point out facts?

Every post I made was on point and had no profanities or insults and for some reason they all got deleted?

I just pointed out that BWoody sold a product that was not properly tested, causes engine codes to be thrown, the claimed flow numbers are not substantiated, and no own has shown independent power gains. Where is the real testing on this product and ONLY on this product?

As a matter of fact Hector02 stated that the aFe made more power then the BWoody after a pulley AND a tune!

When I asked How this was possible?(since the BWoody flows more) Mike stated that his "CAI" made less power because his flows more and can't get enough fuel. But he didn't bother to read that hector's test was AFTER a tune! (That was deleted also)

What started all this is the fact that Mike has sold his product for almost 2 months, it still does not work right and he won't let you return it until after he try's to fix it, and if he can't, then you can return it.
    Let me get this straight, you want us to pay for a product that does not work, and after having it for almost two months, and it still is not right, you will not let the customers return it?
    You can stand behind all your disclaimers about restocking fees and open products... But I think you have to give the consumer a product that works first?

You know that I am not that upset with Mike, he just showed his true colors, that he is more concerned profit then the quality of his product and his reputation

Here is what I am upset and disappointed with, CK, yes CK!
    I'm sorry CK, did i miss the bylaw that said you can't object to people's findings and opinions?

Or is it that you are not allowed to object to sponsors that give you money?
    What happened to free speech? Showing both sides of the coin?
    You have posts up that are quoting messages that are gone?

Well I hope some people get to read this before its removed!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Shake&Bake

Shake&Bake Back to (1) Club?

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think that if the item, whatever it is, not just car performance items, don't come as advertised, should be able to be returned. If the option was to wait for the upgraded parts, at no additional cost, or return now, was offered, I think there would be no issue. I also think that if it had been tested further, the issues that have now come to the forefront could have been handled, pre-production. Again, I don't have a BWoody, have an aFe, sitting on the garage floor, not installed. I have left the stock unit in for now.

• Like Like x 2
  3. cereal killer

cereal killer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We (staff) don't go in vendors section and moderate them. Vendors moderate their own forums. As far as you objecting to peoples findings and opinions, you are totally free to do so. This thread is proof of that. ONLY thing I do ask is that everyone be respectful of each other and eliminate the shit slinging and insults

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This thread is only proof of administrator pruning.

A vendor that flat-out refuses to refund a customer on a product that has issues (any issues) is a problem. "We won't do any refunds until we make a 'fix' and make you buy that 'fix', and if THAT doesn't work, we will do refunds. Those refunds of course are based on our heavily-biased return policy that's intended to weed out tire-kickers and those with buyer's remorse, so we take a healthy restocking fee."

This whole thing is disgusting. People were in a RAGE over AFE, but with AFE giving immediate refunds, I have to say that they're a better company to deal with.

• Winner Winner x 4
  5. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ^^^This.
    If this forum is anything like the forum I moderated, then the vendors pay for the title (supporting vendor, etc) and their own forum section which they have mod rights to. If this is the same then your posts being deleted may very well have been done by the vendor, which if that is the case is questionable in regards to ethics on the vendors part.

Again I don't have a dog in this fight per se, as once I found that the BWoody came with an oiled filter and has throwing IAT codes I refrained from buying it to see whats happens in regards to the fix and how they handled it. Anyways, if your (Hemi1632) posts were being deleted or silenced by CK I don't think I would reading this one now an hour after you posted it. Just my .02.

*edit* I was referring to CKs post but Bandit beat me to the reply post while i was typing lol.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Yep, PAGES of posts are gone. Shame, because there was some (some) useful info in there, and documentation we needed to keep a record of how we have been screwed step-by-step. Mike's comments and refusal to work with the customers is all gone now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So, the forum admins would have the members leave and the sellers of bad products stay? What am I missing here?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you for the clarification Fionn. It has also been confirmed by CK, lesson learned!

So,
    Just so I get this right, you are saying that if I want any unbiased information about a product I shouldn't read a thread that the manufacture posted because if he doesn't agree with what was posted by someone else, he can take it down?

That's good to know!

We'll be advised, anyone can give there oponion on this thread, even Mike and I won't object!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. cereal killer

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Everything. If members leave over the way a vendor conducts their business I can't do anything about that. Thats their choice and their business. If a vendor wants to have a great or shitty return policy thats their business. The community will speak with their wallets or post threads like these. If members are ecstatic about a vendors customer service, they have the freedom to voice it. If they are upset/angry over it, they have the freedom to voice it. Again, this thread stands as evidence of that.

I'm here to give you all a great and organized forum. I'm not here to get involved in things that are none of my business. I can advise vendors but at the end of the day, its their business. They will reap the benefits or downfalls of their business decisions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. cereal killer

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm not saying anything other than we don't go into vendors section and delete posts. To clarify that statement I'm not saying that a member (or members) can go into a vendors section and name call/troll them. We do have site wide guidelines for that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok let's talk about the only test that has actually checked the performance of the Bwoody "CAI"

This was done by Hector02 and he said: "guys a CAI is a supporting mod not a WHP mod. I have Pulley, 93 oct tune and the intakes, with the Bwoody a gain 88whp (With tune and pulley) and with the AFE I gain 92whp (same Mods) But the IAT with the Bwoody were 10 degrees lower than with the AFE.
    Just my 2 cents"

Mike from bwp stated that to take advantage of his CAI a tune was needed and the more you did the better it would be, such as pulley, exhaust....

This is exactly what hector did:

Pulley + BWoody "CAI" + tune = 88 HP

Now instead of testing against stock he tested it against the aFe CAI

Pulley + aFe CAI + tune = 92 HP

How is this possible? According to Mike the BWoody flows 400 more CFM then the aFe!?!

I have many theories on how this could have possibly happened, here are a couple:

Does the bwp "CAI" out flow the TB?

Did anyone flow the TB? Let's say that the TB flows 1000 CFM and the "CAI" flows 5000 CFM. What good does that extra 4000 CFM do for you?
    I guess bwp would have had to actually make tests to know this? Also, Actually owning a flow bench might help?

Is the aFe CAI getting more cold air then the BWoody?

I believe the aFe is modeled after the OEM where it gets its air supply from that hole in the headlight where the BWoody is made of aluminum and is sitting in the engine compartment which might lead to higher air temperatures, less dense air with less oxygen in it, which will lead to less power?

These are just theories, and I have a few more, but the point is that don't you think the manufacturer would have thought of, and tested for possibilities like this before the product was sold?

You know? Between BWoodys return policy, and the results of of Hector's test the aFe is looking a lot better than it did a few weeks ago!

12. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The difference between 88 and 92 is 4HP or something like 0.5% difference.

Kinda splitting hairs. Not defending either position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Total HP yes, but 88 to 92 is a 4.5% increase? I know what you are saying but a marketing guy would say that product b is 5% better than product a?

When you break it down to one variable there is a 5% increase?

14. Dak59RT

Dak59RT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    88 vs 92 is too close to call it a change. It's one run each and the dyno has more variation from run to run than 4hp. I see 88 and 92 to be no difference.

Also, even if these numbers were accurate, there's no way to say that the intake giving 92 more hp gives you 5% more than the intake that gives you 88 more hp. I don't recall the actual numbers here but let's just say that it's 688 vs 692. That's a 0.5% gain. You can't leave out part of the number and say it makes 5% more. Make sense?

15. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Warmed up a little bit

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1