BWoody Performance CAI Installed

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by goingsolo2, Jul 26, 2015.

1. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Today I installed the BWoody Performance CAI. It was a very easy, painless install. They provide excellent instructions as well. I only have about 15 miles on it, but my initial impressions are:

1. Aesthetically it looks awesome...wrinkle black paint looks just like the engine coil covers.

2. Super easy install. No CEL! No cutting or drilling required. All bolt-on!

3. Fit was spot on...excellent quality piece.

4. Power- TBD (will be putting on dyno to tune with a few other goodies)Keep in mind, a CAI is a SUPPORTING mod…so expecting insane power increases is silly. Removing the OEM filter and box top only dyno'd a 12whp gain (Hemitiner did this when we were doing baseline tune dyno testing). The real benefit will be when tuning is done along with some other modifications to take advantage of the added airflow and lower IAT's.

5. Sound- INSANE! The supercharger whine is noticeably louder...like its pissed off for being suffocated for so long. You can also hear the air being sucked in.

Overall I am very pleased. My dry charger comes this week to put over the filter...prevents water from getting in without restricting flow. I was told that rain was not an issue, as they had theirs out in torrential downpour and there were only 3 small drops of water on the bottom of the dry charger. Here are some pics...enjoy!

The Box
    image.jpg

It comes well packed!
    image.jpg

OEM intake removed
    image.jpg

BWoody Contents
    image.jpg

Installed
    image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You got the modified version, you're welcome;)

3. Trucker Bob

Trucker Bob Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks good. You also have the best color car!! How much?? Are they a sponsor???

4. CDNHellcat

CDNHellcat Silver Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Depending where you are that can be a very bad design for some. For rainy climate water will literally power onto the air filter.

Also you are reducing the airflow being directed into the filter from the headlight housing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm very excited to see operating temp data with this type of open setup, and afr, and flow (on last 1 because of the Hellcat air management holes, and also filter (&and sock) snorkel diameter. / gains or...

Changes to sound I expect resonance 101. I don't know if this short design doesn't sets up usable gains in intake tube pressure, but I doubt the oe or closed box designs I've seen do either, don't know for sure.

Nothing supplied to be a cushion between the soppurt bracket where it has a hole and appears to rest? Edited see the bolt head duh...

Is this the largest sb filter that can be put on this tube un modified and this app?

What's the cross to the dry version and was that tested?

I'm psyched to see responses to this setup / design.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  6. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    BWoody is a member here and I'm not sure if they're a vendor yet. You'll have to contact them for pricing.

7. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    not sure what was modified but thank you lol

8. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You can get it with a dry charger to keep water out. I was told they had it out in torrential downpour and it was fine.

As far as airflow, I'll let BWoody comment on that. I'm not the expert there.

9. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It uses the existing bolt to mount...there is no drilling required. The filter is pretty large. I'll let BWoody comment on the more technical aspects. Car seems to be running great...AFR seems to be spot on from the driving I've done so far. I don't hear any resonance at all...exhaust sound actually got beefier.

• Like Like x 2
  10. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    All #'s are the same. At one point I had 6 degrees cooler IAT driving normally. It does cool the IAT quicker on WOT. AFR 11.3 WOT did see 10.8 after pedal released.

Nothing touches

11. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Crap, viewed photo in low light I see bolt head in support now, thanks. Cool can't wait to see more. If u get into a lot of slower longer driving and can report (all applicable) temps I'd appreciate it. (I know a lot will come out in high speed / strip type driving, I'm interested in slower extended in town driving in warm...hot climates as well..)

• Like Like x 1
  12. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Same as stock just cools off quicker on WOT. I have tested that for BWOODY.

13. TallCool1

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Thanks man! Stoked the room it opens up, for other uses. Also simple maintenance as well.

14. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I will get to testing 1/8 and 1/4 vs stock but no time today playing with my new DR's

• Like Like x 1
  15. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was just told that flow was 280-320cfm more than the OEM box.

• Useful Useful x 2