BX since 10/9/14 considering dealer markup

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Eric Zuccaro, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Eric Zuccaro

Eric Zuccaro Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Found a dealer 90 miles from me, car in stock, they offered at 7500 over, I am holding firm at 5k, My ordering dealer was just told by rep now there is a supercharger supply issue. I am getting really aggravated.

2. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My guess is your dealer's rep read the article about how the Jeep Hellcat may not be an option due to the popularity of the Challenger and Charger and the company who has to provide the superchargers..... And made up their own excuse for the delays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If the dealers lips are moving in most cases he's telling a lie. split the different and take the car, just in case he is right. Just my two cents. A hellcat in the garage is worth two in the storage lot, just ask anyone here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It's your money but they can say whatever they want to make you pull the trigger...

5k is a lot of fuel tanks..

5. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There is no supercharger supply problem. Just a rumor to scare the women and children at night...

However, you should buy the one on the other dealer's lot and cancel your order so my order can get picked up and built.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Do you have the extra money to spend if so then it is worth it . I pad 4k over and I would of pad more. don't trust dodge and the dealers , very few know what is going on

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    RS here knows what is going on. I have known him for a few years on another site under a different username. He will pass on any significant news like this if true. He knows it before, or at the same time as any dealer or region rep from what I have experienced. He does this stuff proactively. You can feel pretty confident that if he has not said something or corroborated it, it's not true.

8. LITSOUT

LITSOUT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just now got back from picking up a Phantom Black Hellcat. I too was going through the same stress/frustrations as you are. I have been e-mailing all over looking for a 6MT for a week or so. Everyone was asking 15-20k over. Last night I emailed my local dealer about a cat that just got listed. They actually replied in about 10 mins with a 5k markup. I showed up at 9am, traded my 1 ton dually that I never use, and drove out 3 hours later!

The window sticker had a mark-up of 22k! i have no idea why they dropped it to 5k.

Hellcat.jpg

I now have 70 miles on her. Working on break in.

Matt

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very nice! Black looks so good when clean. You will love it, congrats! :)

10. Eric Zuccaro

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They folded, $5k over, picking up in am.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Right On, We have a new car, come-on Dad lets go for a ride !!!

12. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    $5k seems to be the new norm....if your willing to pay $5k you should be able to find a HC today if your willing to travel a bit

adm's are starting to disappear....little by little

13. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Markups are going away as dealers run out of people willing to pay markup. The dealer I'm getting the HC Charger from was marking up Challengers when I put my deposit down in July and forced me to go elsewhere for #1 spot and no markup.. They no longer are on the Challenger or Charger and I get #1 spot with no markup on the Charger.

I can't blame them for marking up if they can get the money, but... at least around here, there is only a small subset of people willing to plop down the cash for a Hellcat (as much as they may love the car). There is an even smaller subset of that subset that will be willing to pay markup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    the many dealers ive talked to are obnoxious with their ADM....some are very direct...PRICE IS NON NEGOTIABLE....F U
    car prices are always negotiable

then they go on with their BS on our car is a low production # or BS about only 1500 are being made ever....etc,etc,etc

its always BS......one told me $10k to order and they have no issues finding people.....i figured it was BS

they keep the hype going and people thinking the sky is falling.......i think most here are at the point where they would pay $5k ADM just to get their car....i see $5k adm lasting for months to come.....id never do it, but its because i find it a moral issue and not a financial one....$6k profit on a car is enough(msrp)......they dont need $16k.......when my business is swamped i dont add 20% to my bids...when emergencies happen i dont double my prices......i want to keep good customers and look forward to helping them in their time of need.....these dealers are saying F U to all their good customers....yea they make $10-20k now, but lose potentially dozens of sales in the future.....all for extreme greed....to me msrp is pretty greedy...you wouldnt pay it on a normal family car

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Eric Zuccaro

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm tired of waiting, 5k is fair considering what everyone is going thru, will have a
    Satin black hood by Sunday afternoon, I am a body shop owner. Not a hard process at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1