Camaro shows its numbers will the future Z-28 take the Hellcat

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT 392' started by ChargerChallenger, Sep 14, 2015.

1. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    GM has published the specs on the 2016 Camaro SS. Pretty impressive if the numbers are real once the Car Magazine guys get to share the real experience. I am sure GM is
    holding off for the Z-28 release next year and would guess the Corvette Z-06 motor will be used, This will be 650HP and 650 Torque. So the question to the forum does the future Z-28 factory best the Hellcat in the 1/4 Mile?
    And I am not the expert here to say GM puts the CORVETTE motor in it but would be surprised if they did not. I said it a lot of posts ago the HELLCAT has set the bar and now the competition is showing up to out do it. Hope I am wrong but the HP war is on!!!
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    GM dosent normally put the 6.2 in the Z28, That's a N/A car, if anything you would think it would go in the ZL1, or ZL2 whatever that car going to call it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CanHP

CanHP Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    GM is done with the 7.0L that went into the Z/28. The LS7 (7.0L) will not be produced anymore. Dodge will have the biggest N/A motor (392-6.4L) The next ZL1 will have the LT4(6.2L) from the current Z06 (If there is a ZL1) and there is rumour the Z06 will get a power boost.

4. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice stable

• Like Like x 1