Can I have an Amen?!?!

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by guppydriver, Jul 21, 2015.

1. guppydriver

guppydriver Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    First off, I am an admitted German car junkie....with an occasional wandering eye toward English and Italian designs. So, it goes without saying, that I have had no interest in American muscle - like none whatsoever. But my last oil change with one of these said imports, at $475 (the oil is proprietary and has "markers" that will void the warranty if that particular oil is not used and a problem arises with the engine) I have become disillusioned with the experience of foreign vehicle ownership. Ok, that, and the standard $1500 bill for any service work....

Still, I thought that American muscle was crap. Plastic pigs, straight line wonders, ect. Big mistake. Like huge. More on that in a moment.

Like many others here, late last year I started seeing videos surface about this Hellcat thingy....I honestly didn't know much about the Dodge brand until then other than it was a standard at the airport car rental kiosks (translation = lame) - that and that there were alot of internet photos of Vipers wrapped around trees (draw your own conclusion, thank you). Still, every one of those video reviews with the Hellcat had someone giggling like a little schoolgirl. So, while purchasing a jeep wrangler for my wife earlier in the year (she has a soft spot for wranglers), i asked about the Hellcat thingy. I was told that the order window happened to be open and that I could order one, no risk - ok less a nominal deposit. So sure, I said, why not?

Fast forward six months...and I get the proverbial phone call. A little bit skeptical, I head on down to the dealership. A short test drive later and I was sold. No question. Like Bam. That fast. Yup, I did even make a little giggle sound. It sounds like a broken record, I know, but have patience. You too can/will be converted!!!

Hey, btw, no one here mentioned that beyond 1/3 throttle travel from a full stop, tire grip is useless...Ooops.

• Like Like x 4
  2. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't be afraid to post pictures of your hellcat, even first driving impressions, other then you burning the tires off

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    BTW the rear meats can't handle more than 30% throttle;)

4. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dodge brought you back from the dark side LOL. Enjoy the Hellcat... It makes grown men feel like kids again LOL.

Just curious.... What was the car with the $475 oil change???

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. guppydriver

guppydriver Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    land rover with a jaguar sourced supercharged motor...

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. dHL0L

dHL0L Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, it's crazy to know of people actually do think this way. It almost hurts.....the part of it being a standard at the rental car kiosks and viewing that as a sign they are junk. It's an American brand, has it's roots here, WE built it (the brand). How could it possibly be bad? Don't be fooled, I'm not under the impression we are the best, smartest, and strongest inhabitants of this earth, but I do relate my own being to the Dodge brand. I also think German cars and other imports may be very reliable and are well engineered - but they don't interest me. I never see BMW's or Mercedes that are 10 years old on the road, where did they all go? Just sitting in a yard somewhere being reliable? How can the Dodge brand be seen in such a light? - it boggles my mind! Just earlier this year I had the pleasure of being offered a Ram at the rental kiosk at the airport; put about 300 miles on it in a couple of days and left very impressed. Always wanted one, simply for the tough looks, never drove one until then and wow is it an awesome truck. I'm glad you've seen the light and have one of these awesome machines. Now get out there and drive the piss out of it, come back and give us first impressions and pics!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. guppydriver

guppydriver Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Point of order...I only said lame. The martyr speech, however, was, well...oh never mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Smog Dog

Smog Dog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Looks like the infatuation only lasted for 121 miles....

9. guppydriver

guppydriver Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Nah...Hellcat most def awesome - that order hit first and really liked it - but also have a need to carry large dogs, kids, and surfboards - sometimes all at the same time. I'm still on the fence about whether or not to let it go because it's the only real fault I have with the car. Hey, wanna race in snow, rain, or pluff mud?

Infatuation aside, I'm hunting a real unicorn...and with no profit motive. To each his own.

Nice yellow car.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  10. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    But yet another successful accelerated breakin!!!!! Gotta love it!

11. guppydriver

guppydriver Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Werd!

Speaking of unicorns...Aarcuda you hit the proverbial jackpot - A8 challenger sublime - winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Still why on God's green earth would you ever bait the police like that?!?! Duck and cover, son, duck and cover....

I'm going to take a slightly different tack and go full on mommy machine. Nobody, but nobody, looks at a wagon going mach one....and you don't even need to wear a wig!

Hey, out ther in FCA land, and if you are stalking these boards - double dog dare you, build the Hell Wagon and it will be bought! Just don't offer it lime green...it's just not in my color wheel.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015