Can Plastic Bumper Dent Be Fixed?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Kaneda, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Kaneda

Kaneda BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey guys...something strange I noticed on my cat. The front bumper below on the right side near the amber light has, what looks like, a flat spot. When you rub your hand over, I can feel a slight 4" inch dent in that area. I've uploaded a picture of the AREA of where the dent is...this is NOT my actual car.

http://i.imgur.com/5ay24jd.png
    [​IMG]

I just don't get it. What could have dented this area? There's not scuff mark at all on the clear coat or paint. Could someone backing up have done this? Or was it just a crappy part from the factory. I sort of feel a smaller dimple like spot on the other side as well.

Question...is it possible to work out a dent like this? Without having to repaint? It doesn't bother me too much, but just wondering.

2. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sometimes you can repair a dent like that using a heat gun. Google it and I'm sure you will find some useful info.

The idea is that the heat makes the plastic go back to it's original (memory) shape.

3. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We have had a tech heat it very carefully and massage it out. You have to know what your doing. It can be done and will save you money