Can the dealer turn off the Valet mode?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by MzKitty, Jan 14, 2016.

1. MzKitty

MzKitty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I took Mzkitty in for some warranty work last Wednesday and when I picked her up today she wasn't in Valet mode anymore. Can they turn it off? I'm not super worried that they went riding around in her as I watched her all the time. They knew I pinged her Gps and could even tell them which stall she was in or if she had moved that day. I love the tracking feature on the uconnect. I've been a little paranoid since a couple have been stolen. I have even gone so far as to put in a second gps that is independent of the car and hidden. So has anyone left the car in valet mode at the dealer only to find it turned off when they picked up their car? I didn't ask when I left because I was just happy to have her back.

This is what I had her in for:
    1. Replace passenger seat cover it was getting loose and wrinkly.
    2. Align passenger front fender it was hitting the passenger door and chipping the paint.
    3. Replace bottom of dash it had a dent in it.
    4. The amp flash
    5. Change the oil. I had it changed at the end of December by a different dealer but didn't have warm fuzzy about because they put the wrong oil in. They caught it before I left but still....
    6. I think they also told me they did some other flash but I forget for what. I thought she said the amp again. Was there two for the amp? I don't think it was the radio that should have been up to date.
    7. They also removed a dent or ding that they put in the car. Not happy about that but at least they told me. So A for honesty.

2. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They probably did the PCM flash, that might reset the computer and remove valet mode (I'm totally guessing at that) but a simple battery disconnect for a certain amount of time will remove valet mode too

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SuperChallenger

SuperChallenger Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    probably just pulled power which reset it, its pretty typical that they do that when working on these highly electronic cars. You have good cause to be concerned, between them getting stolen & striped and the potential for non-owner abuse I'm as paranoid as they come as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. B5H3LLCAT

B5H3LLCAT Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bought my hellcat recently. This came with it. Under the "electrical" section it says that if you disconnect the battery for 5 minutes it resets the code you assigned. I guess it's a safety feature in case you forget it. I suppose there could of been an alternate way to do this but the SRT team thought it would be best to just disconnect power supply for 5 minutes. Cheers!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There is your answer,, they must of reset the system.. No worries..Are they going yo repaint the fender and door...how's the amp after the flash

6. Johnman

Johnman Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Take a cellphone pic of your odometer whenever you leave it with a valet or dealer (or anybody else). Then show them your pic. Pretty sure they can't "reset" that.

7. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Dude, if you don't trust your service department like that; then maybe its time to find one that you do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MzKitty

MzKitty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No repainting the fender was fine and the door only had a chip a little bigger than a pin head. The chip was on the side so you really only saw it when you opened the door. I opted for a little touch up paint. Easier to deal with that than trying to match paint.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MzKitty

MzKitty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's not that I didn't trust them. I just did it has a precaution. Yes I took a pic of odometer just like I had them walk around the entire car with me and acknowledge that there were no scratches or dents in my vehicle. I learned this the hard way with more than one vehicle. I know now when I pick up a vehicle to do a complete inspection inside and out Before I ever leave. I travel a lot so I do my best to find a reputable dealer and I do check them out before I ever let them touch Mzkitty. Since June I have been in four different cities in three different states so it's not like being at home with your local dealer. I must say between Texas, Georgia and South Carolina I received the best service from Georgia. All I can say is they roll at the red Carpet and treat like a Rock Star there.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  10. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I can respect that and can understand. If your ever in Jacksonville and need service check out Rick Keffer in Yulee. I take my cars there that aren't Dodge. They really do a good job and they are all gear heads so we speak the same language which makes it EZ.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep had it happen to me when my car was in for accident/damage repair. They had to remove the battery so....but I did not leave the RED key at the shop. I also reset my top speed indicator if I take my car in for service. Most people don't know it's there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BLK_MAGIC

BLK_MAGIC VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had set my Valet mode, but then the it wouldn't let me take it out of valet mode. The dealer or the SRT team didn't know what was wrong. This trusty forum had the answer, disconnect the battery alone did not work. I had to do capacitive discharge by disconnecting the battery and touching the positive and negative cables together.

I usually pay for valet but park the car myself, i ask to leave it up front like they do the Lambos, and Bentleys. I take a pic at the dealership too, its not that i don't trust them but when i was in college i worked at a dealership moving and washing cars so i know what shenanigans that go on...

• Like Like x 1
  13. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I leave them the red key and a full tank of gas LOL!

14. 1BDHCAT

1BDHCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can't even think about dropping it off anywhere! :confused: