Canadian Dealership Allocations

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Townie, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Townie

Townie Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Do the Canadian dealerships know how many Hellcats they will be allocated for 2016? Or is it just the American dealerships that are told how many Hellcats they will be allocated?

2. Cruisin1966

Cruisin1966 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    American only. And on the off chance that any Canadian dealer knows, you'd better be the brother of the owner before they would divulge that information

3. Mills

Mills Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think that is a US thing only...at least my dealership still doesn't seem to know for sure.

4. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm Certain that Deserving Canadian dealers know where they stand as far as allocation on the 2016's.
    You Know where I got mine this summer, and I can tell you they have EARNED my respect since!
    IMHO you need too find a High Volume SRT Viper dealer for starters ;)
    Remember Canadian dealers have too follow the same rules and guidelines regarding sales performance etc.
    Mom and Pop dealers in the country on the outskirts of small towns that don't move enough cars won't stand a chance.....

5. Chippy

Chippy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dude stop smoking crack. I've seen small dealers move more cats than a lot of the big dealers here in Alberta. Maybe that's what you perceive in Ontario but doesn't hold water in other areas.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. FarAwayFromHere

FarAwayFromHere Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    By golly I Hope You Are CORRECT....
    WE SHALL SEE!

7. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Small dealers in Ontario did not get cars, I know of several that placed orders but received No allocations for 2015's. Maybe things are different out west but in this part of the country, small dealers didn't stand a chance. The biggest dealers got 6 or less cars during the 2015 run...
    Hopefully things will be different for 2016 model year cars but somehow I doubt it.

8. Ike

Ike SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    You're statement is not correct, leastwise as it applies to Blue Mountain Chrysler, a small dealership outside of Collingwood ON, as they sold one sublime-coloured 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat that arrived in July 2015. I personally have seen it while I was having my 2014 Challenger SRT 392 serviced there. I immediately submitted an order for a Challenger Hellcat that very day, however; the order was returned on the 29 July 2015 by the Brampton plant stating no longer accepting 2015 orders and to resubmit when the 2016s become available. To date that dealership has yet to receive a 2016 allocation, which, as they had sold only the one 2015, are hoping for just the one allocation that will be assigned to me should it arrive.

9. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good luck to the Canadians who are ordering 2016's.
    It's really too bad there isn't more transparency in this process.
    I researched the local dealers before and after my order and all the small dealers I spoke with in the beginning didn't end up being able to deliver cars to customers.
    Might not hold true for the rest of the country but in the GTA these cars were not easy to come by...
    I ordered from the number one viper dealer in Canada and didn't have a vin for 9 months, a month after that my car showed up.
    Ike , I know of many cars that were ordered by Canadians AFTER July 29th 2014 that Have Been delivered! I think the dealer you mentioned didn't qualify for allocations. In the beginning there was no allocation process in Canada . That came into play a few months after the order banks opened.
    Possibly they were sent a car before the allocation process was put in place.
    If I was ordering today I would want too know how many cars a Canadian dealer delivered for the 2015 model year, before placing my order. Chances are if they moved them in 2015 they will receive 2016's, and at the very least have an idea of how many they can order for 2016...
    Good luck to my fellow Canucks !!
    The cars are definitely worth the wait IMHO

10. Ike

Ike SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I was referring to 29 July 2015 when my order was rejected, not 2014.

11. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry I just assumed 2014. I placed my order July 24 2014 , car was delivered May 16 2015
    Best advice I can give is use the 2015 Facts to help find a dealer. Who ACCUALLY delivered cars in 2015 and how many??

12. Chippy

Chippy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The smaller dealers here had to take other vehicles as they could not saddle them with 15 pro masters so my dealer had to take 15 Journeys!!! It's all about who your dealing with. If your just dealing with a sales man your just wasting your time. You need to find a dealer that has pull and good relations with the area rep. You will never be able to know anything from sales people as most of us already know more than most of those muppets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mills

Mills Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree - if your dealer received Hellcats in 2015MY...they will get them in 2016. My dealer got 3 Challengers and 1 Charger...so I'm in good shape (at least I hope haha) being 2nd or 3rd on list (I asked them what # I was). So I am holding onto that fact that I will get a car this year and also that they are honoring my original pricing.
    My dealer was recently purchased by part of a larger dealer group that owes 5 dealers in South-Central Alberta and am told they have amazing pull with FCA (I hope again). That said - they still claim there is no formal allocation process as there is in the US (I just re-asked the question yesterday at same time I asked what# I was - no response yet this AM).

And yes - this site seems to have me way more educated then the sales people.

14. CYCLER

CYCLER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member HCC Club Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, I asked at a dealership where I'm getting an R/T about their 2016 allocations (largest volume dealer in Ontario)
    and they basically can order as they wish - if you get a VON you're good to get a Hellcat. I would order there if I
    wanted a 2016 but I'm good with my 2015 for another year or two :)
    Many small dealers got one Hellcat last year.

15. Townie

Townie Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What dealership are you talking about?