Cant Decide Charger or Challenger

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Racing Forum' started by black06srt8, Aug 22, 2015.

1. black06srt8

black06srt8 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Obviously from what it looks like in the title, im not trying to make this a challenger vs charger debate if i could i would get both but cant.

Im at the point where i can decide which route i want to go. Im used to 4 doors and hauling ass in my used jeep srt8 supercharged, i see some videos charger wins some challenger wins. So truth is why are the challengers running better times in the quarter majority of the time, i think theirs only one i seen the charger win a race. also race and like to go fast all the time ( who doesnt )so i want to know which one is the way to go also my insurance told me challenger and charger are same which i though 2 door was more expensive.

some help deciding here

Thank you everyone

2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Only you can decide. If you pick up more that 2 adults say at the airport or w/e 4 doors makes more sense

3. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Never heard much difference between the two on the track. Seems like two or four door is the only choice....

I do see a lot more HC Challengers being sold than Chargers though. Me personally, Dodge lost me on Chargers as soon as they stuck 4 doors on them....but to each their own.

4. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Owning both, IMO the Charger has a better fit and finished exterior, interiors are about the same and as mentioned can take four adults very easily.
    TC

5. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Depends on your lifestyle. If you have kids, the Charger/4 doors is a must. If you need to haul other folks around and will be using the back seat, the Charger is a must. If its just you and or souse/partner, the Challenger is great. If its going to be your daily driver, it depends on the above factors. Perhaps go to a Dodge dealer and test drive the base models of each. This may help with your decision. I got the Challenger and am very happy with it. My wife and I are "empty nesters" and have 2 other cars to use...one a 4 door sedan and the other is a pick-up. I think I have all the bases covered. Good Luck:)

6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    one is retro, one isnt
    one is 2 door, one isnt
    one is sporty, one is a 4 door
    one comes in sublime, one doesnt

i have seen 8-10 challengers....not seen 1 charger

to me the hood doesnt look right on the charger.....to squished...

i had no problem deciding....i have a family of 5 and we fit well.....my kids love riding in the coolest car in town

if the back seat is the issue go measure both of them....when i measured them in 2010 i found the challenger was 1" wider and had similar room otherwise....

i personally liked the 2010 and earlier chargers...not so much a fan of the newer ones.....the front end on the 2015 is too much like the dart

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I like them both

Our kids are driving their own cars so I got the Challenger, don't ever use the back seat.

But I like the Charger, get a Sept PCP one

8. Mr. Robert Lee Jones

Mr. Robert Lee Jones Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If you are scared of 200 mph+ then go for the Challenger.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Do you have kids? Do you plan on making kids in the back seat? Do you live an alternative lifestyle where adopting Chinese babies is the only option for having kids?... These are the real world questions you have to ask yourself... Not judging, just commenting... :p

10. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you will use the back seats IMO the Charger may be the way to go. My kids hate the 2 doors in my Challenger but love the car. The Challenger is not my primary so not a big deal as I have another 4 door. My Challenger doors are huge compared to my other cars and for me is kinda awkward as I have to make sure I don't ding gas pumps and things in my garage. I think the Challenger has a more classic hotrod look and to me the Charger looks more like a modern car.
    I wanted a manual hotrod so Challenger is was... Honestly Im thinking a A8 Charger may be nice for the long run, more practical for a 50 year old with a family but I did not but a 707 HP car to be practical...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. buddyg

buddyg Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Simple for me love the looks of the Challenger don't care for the looks of the Charger.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. black06srt8

black06srt8 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes that's true it seems like you see more challengers like I said they are both amazing I see more records bring broken with challenger than the charger and also people on the forum with challengers than chargers also because when I talked to my sales consultant he said for the 2016 that I was behind 5 people on the challenger and maybe first with charger lol

13. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It seems that the OP is accustomed to four doors, thus his leaning to considering a Charger at all.

Chrysler did a great job staying true to the original Challenger styling: that would have me strongly considering the Challenger. I had owned an '09 Challenger 6- speed.

Challenger styling has pretty much the same since 2008. There are a great many of them on the road. When I got my '09 I rarely saw one on the road. I liked that.

The SRT Charger has a much different front facia than the other Chargers ( and there aren't many of those on the road). Since May 28th I have yet to see another Charger Hellcat on the road.

As you may have guessed I chose the 4-door

14. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i saw an article on resale and they put the challenger as having a higher resale value than the charger...not sure how the HC effects that average, but seeing as there arent many charger hc's being built tells you people dont like it as much...i think its like 1 charger to 6 challengers

15. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have kids, and although it takes more effort, the back seat of the Challenger is just fine. Better to have a little more hassle, getting in and out of the back seat, than to sacrifice the classic muscle car styling.