Car cover

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Birddog, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Birddog

Birddog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So It just about time to put the toy away for winter and wondering what car covers does everyone have? I'd like to get something just to keep the dust and would like something with a nice fit (not look like a bed sheet hanging on it). Being from Canada, I'd like to get something locally so I don't have to do the 150% exchange rate so I would be looking for a generic brand if possible...

2. charger440rt

charger440rt Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    For a car cover in a garage to keep dust off I've found that unless you are very careful, they can do more harm than good by picking up debris etc if they inadvertently touch the floor and/or skate across the finish. Eventually Murphy's law will strike and no matter how careful you are it will happen at some point. That's why I use smaller sized soft moving blankets. Inexpensive ones from Harbor freight are often on sale for $5 each and are very soft. Just buy enough to cover the upper portions of your car. I have owned cars for decades with delicate lacquer paint and they still look showroom new with that method. I only use full size car covers for outdoor use. For that I have a Covercraft Noah for the one car I keep outside and I have to be very careful due to its size. At least that is worth the risk due to outside storage being a worse peril.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 1