Carbon Fiber Hood Care And Maintenance?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by gts_2001, Jun 8, 2016.

1. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just had a BWoody Carbon Fiber Hood installed on my Hellcat yesterday. I have done various GOOGLE searches about care and maintenance of CF and have come across varied opinions. I know that there have been a number of owners who got in on the CF Hood group buy awhile back, but other than initial postings here, there's little more. I would appreciate the opinions of anyone who has a CF hood (or car with other CF panels) regarding polishing, waxing, UV protection, etc. Will post some pictures when I get a chance to take some in the next few days.

Thanks!:cool:

Edit: added pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ok, I'll join in.

I got the first hood. I scratched it while unwrapping it so I wet sanded it and polished it. Then I asked if the gel coat resistant to UV but didnt get an answer for a few days so i went and got the hood clear coated with UV protective clear. I now need to wet sand the clear because theres some divots and dust nibs in it. once its polished to a mirror finish I'll use the chemical guys vertua bond Chemical Guys - Vertua Bond 408 Bonding Agent (16 oz) and then their Jet Seal Chemical Guys - JetSeal Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)

3. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Aarcuda, thanks for the reply. Fortunately, mine came through with only a few very superficial scratches so I suspect that the products you mentioned above will cover all of that up. It's amazing that mine wasn't damaged because it was (mistakenly) shipped to New York, opened, and then shipped to my dealer with one end of the wooden crate missing and holes (likely from HiLo forks) on the other end. I'll get some of the products you mentioned. Thanks again!