Carbon stripes and plum crazy!

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by LordMarvel, Jan 8, 2016.

1. LordMarvel

LordMarvel Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dodge Offers Carbon-Look Hellcat Stripes, Extends Plum Craziness.

[​IMG]

Ride the Hellcat! You can see his stripes, but you know he’s clean! Oh don’t you see what we mean? No? To be honest, we never quite understood what Ronnie James Dio was getting at with that line, either. But—we do know that you buyers of Dodge’s beastly duo can now order your 707-hp Charger or Challenger with full-length, carbon-fiber-pattern stripes!

Dodge notes that this creates a “customized-from-the-factory” look, which stands in direct opposition to the customized-at-Autozone look of those other carbon-fiber stripes you’d been eyeing. After all, these are cut to fit the Hellcats’ NACA-duct hood scoops. MSRP is $995, and the stripes can be laid over the following Hellcat hues: Bright White, Redline Red, Pitch Black, Granite Crystal, Billet Silver, Jazz Blue, TorRed, Ivory White Tri-coat, Maximum Steel, and limited-edition Plum Crazy Pearl Coat.

Speaking of Plum Crazy, the ’70s-tastic shade pulled from the cavalcade of Mother Mopar’s “High Impact” line of colors has enjoyed such popularity that Dodge is extending its stint on the production line for another month. Dodge will be taking orders for the pearlescent purple, originally scheduled to end at the close of 2015, through the end of January.

(PS. Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. FarAwayFromHere

FarAwayFromHere Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    /m\ Dio /m\

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Johnman

Johnman Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How are they different from the stripes available for the Challenger SRT392's? Seems like down-striping to me.

4. LordMarvel

LordMarvel Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think the SRT 392 stripes are just plain black, whereas these have the carbon fiber look to them. :)

5. ppowell1983

ppowell1983 BANNED Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not real carbon fiber, just printed carbon fiber? Like that stuff you buy at Pep Boys for your civic after the coffee can you picked up at Jewel?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe....but these cost a whole lot more!! I'd need to see them in person.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    carbon fiber look was a fad back in the mid 2000's.....it was pretty much dead by 2010 or earlier.....ive seen carbon fiber blacked out HC hoods...it looked horrible...Dodge looked for a way to make the stripes different than a normal SRT....i think they failed....fake carbon fiber is 5-8 years out of vogue

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    People like what they like....it's why all of our cars don't look exactly the same. Car shows would be boring. There's a vendor on here that is/was selling actual carbon fiber hoods for our cars...I think they look nice myself. Just a bit too pricy for me.

EDIT: Just reminded me....I have louvers on the rear window of my Thirdgen Camaro. Guess those were "out" in the 70's or 80's. But some people love them, others don't. I don't buy into the trendy stuff myself, nor do I worry about it.
    IMG_0333.JPG

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016