Carpro polishing compounds

Discussion in 'CarPro-US.com' started by hellzya, Sep 24, 2015.

1. hellzya

hellzya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello used your reflect polish just last week based off the results I would like to try your fixer but have a few questions.
    What is the cut rating of the fixer and could it replace my cutting compound? Do both polishers have an abrasive that breaks down?
    Thanks

2. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On my 1 week old cat I used Dawn 3-4 washes, Ironx, Clay bar, Alcohol 50/50 spray mix then Reflect polish. I felt like the Reflect polish did very little so I then moved to Liquid Glass pre cleaner and only then did I get what I was looking for. I then used as a top coat Liquid glass ( about 8-9 coats now ) with good results.
    First time ever using Carpro products. I like the Ironx ( does great on brake dust as well) but the reflect did little for me but being a fine cut product I may have needed a stronger product?
    My $.002 Perhaps someone that uses Carpro, CQuartz can offer more info.

3. Jay O

Jay O Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Reflect can cut a bit more if you change pads. The Fixer is going to be re released at SEMA so id wait till the new version comes out. But the last Fixer i have had more of a moderate cut. But i didnt play with it too much.
    Soundman5000 if you want to use something that can be used as a stripping soap. You can try CarPro Reset or CarPro Snow Foam Soap. Hope that helps guys.

• Useful Useful x 1