Cat is awaiting shipment

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by 18350 M1, Feb 3, 2016.

1. 18350 M1

18350 M1 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hello All,
    New to the forum, just got word from the dealer that my car is waiting to be loaded to ship. My question to you all that have taken shipment is, what didn't you purchase in the way of extras from the dealership. I will definitely be picking up gap insurance and possibly the extended warranty, did you all pick up anything else, I know they are gonna try and up sell me more. By the way it's a Pearl White, Black Laguna, Brassmonkey, HK model, no sunroof....

• Like Like x 2
  2. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I purchased GAP from my credit union ($199) with my loan and I got the tire and wheel protection package from the dealership. They wanted $999 and I offered $699, which they eventually accepted when they realized it was a "take it or leave it" situation.

Whether it's true or not, tell them you're only going to drive it as a Sunday driver and only plan on putting 1500 miles/year on it. By doing this, you will take nearly all of the justification that they have for trying to sell you all of the other protections that they offer which are essentially mileage based.

Others here have willingly added substantially extended warranties, so if that's something that you want to do, ask them for it (as opposed to them trying to sell it to you) and how much they're willing to sell it to you for. That puts you in more of a controlling position.

3. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and congratulations on your cat it's almost home.

4. 18350 M1

18350 M1 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks guys. Did you do any of the "protections" like paint, underbody??? I live in Central California and it will never see a salted road. I plan on having the clear protection installed after purchase as they don't offer it at the dealership.

5. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No addons from the dealer, my dealer doesn't offer any and you don't need them. Didn't get a loan so I can't say about the gap insurance. You can buy the service contract anytime within a year at the same price. You can probably find the service contract online cheaper that the dealership. No need to be pressured.

Edit: I think they do offer a oil change package but they know I do my own so they didn't bring it up.

6. Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! I'd skip the GAP unless ur putting little or no money down. Only pays out if ur car is totalled and u owe more than book value. I usually put down enough so that i have some equity in the car, so GAP would never be needed. Either way - congrats on the new ride!

7. richmondhellcat

richmondhellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    great news. btw, i paid $250 for dealer paint protection, may overpay a little, but save me a trip to do it aftermarket. dealer wants $3k for extended warranty, and I didn't go ahead with it, i assume they will try to sell when the warranty becomes due in 3 years' time, so why spend the money now.