CEL code help.

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Maintenance' started by Wack_Cat, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Wack_Cat

Wack_Cat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Any one know what POOEA is. Got it at the track to day.

Thanks

2. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think it means the Cat sucked in a bug... and then it kicks a code POOEA.... it doesn't like the taste! :eek: All kidding aside I think that is one of those codes that is programmable by the manufacturer. I wish I had the real answer for you. If you clear the code does it come back?

3. Wack_Cat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ,5000 feet. I'm in Colorado.

4. Wack_Cat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks

5. Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat
    Record Holder
    Fastest HC Charger/Record Holder

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Fault Code P00FB
    This is in the above thread, lots of info from our friend "fnkychkn"

Linda :)
    fnkychkn
    SRT Hellcat Supporter
    Gold Supporting Member

P00FB-SUPERCHARGER/TURBOCHARGER OUTLET AIR PRESSURE SENSOR 1 CIRCUIT HIGH

Theory of Operation

COMPONENT LOCATION / CORRELATING PRESSURE SENSOR DTCS / CORRELATING TEMP SENSOR DTCS
    BARO SENSOR Inside the PCM P0109, P2227, P2228, P2229, P3032 N/A
    Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Before the Throttle Body P0102, P0103, P1613 P0111, P0112, P0113
    Throttle Outlet Pressure (TOP) Sensor Between the Throttle Body and Supercharger P0069, P012A, P012B, P012 C, P012D, P1613 P0096, P0097, P0098
    Intermediate MAP (IMAP) Sensor On the Intake Manifold directly after the Supercharger P00F8, P00F9, P00FA, P00FB, P0607 P00E9, P00EA, P00EB
    Bank 1 MAP Sensor Right side of the Intake Manifold P0105, P0106, P0107, P0108, P0607 P07B, P007C, P007D
    Bank 2 MAP Sensor Left side of the Intake Manifold P2A0A, P2A0B, P2A0C, P2A0D, P0607 P00A1, P00A2, P00A3

NOTE: The MAF Sensor and each of the four MAP Sensors also have an integral air temperature sensor. The temperature sensors have a 5.0 volt signal circuit and share the sensor ground circuit with the pressure sensor. They do not share the 5-Volt Reference circuit with the pressure sensor and therefore operate as a typical two wire temperature sensor.

The 6.2L engine uses several sensors to monitor the air pressure and temperature throughout the intake air system. The PCM uses this information to help calculate fuel delivery, ignition timing and Supercharger control. The PCM runs diagnostics to check the rationality of the sensors. The Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor is the centralized sensor in the system and is the main sensor used for the rationality diagnostics of the airflow before and after the Throttle Body.

Individual MAP/Pressure Sensor rationality diagnostic checks:

At ignition on, engine not running, the BARO Sensor and four MAP/Pressure Sensor input signals are compared. If one of the MAP/Pressure Sensor input signals has a difference of more than a calibrated threshold from the others, a performance fault is set against that sensor.
    With the engine running, the input signals of the three MAP/Pressure Sensors that are downstream of the Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor (Supercharger Outlet Pressure Sensor, Bank 1 MAP, Bank 2 MAP) are compared. If one of the sensor input signals has more than a 10.0 kPa (1.5 psi) difference from the other two, a performance fault is set against that sensor.

BARO/Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor rationality diagnostic check:

The Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor signal is compared to the BARO signal to check rationality of the sensors. During natural aspiration, the Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor signal cannot be greater than the BARO signal plus 10.3 kPa (1.49 psi). During boost conditions, the Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor signal and BARO signal pressures should be similar. If the diagnostic fails during a drive cycle, a fault is set (P0069) and the secondary Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor rationality diagnostic is run to determine which sensor is irrational.

MAF/Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor rationality diagnostic check:

This diagnostic runs continuously, unless any airflow, throttle, MAF, BARO, or Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor diagnostics have failed. Then using the pressure differential across the throttle opening (BARO - Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor), the PCM models the mass air flow volume through the Throttle Body. This modeled value is compared to the actual MAF Sensor signal input to the PCM. If the difference is greater than a calibrated threshold, a fault is set (P1613) and the secondary Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor rationality diagnostic is run to determine which sensor is irrational.

Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor rationality diagnostic check:

If either of the first two diagnostics fail during a given trip, or if one of the downstream MAP/Pressure Sensors is determined to be irrational, the PCM runs a secondary diagnostic to determine if the Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor is rational. With the engine in a natural aspiration condition (not boosted), the PCM compares the signal input from the Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor to the signal inputs from the Supercharger Outlet Pressure Sensor, Bank 1 MAP, and Bank 2 MAP Sensors. If the Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor is not within a calibrated threshold of the other three MAP/Pressure Sensors, it is determined to be irrational and a fault is set (P121B).

Temperature sensor rationality checks:

After a cold soak of the engine, the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) and Ambient Air Temperature (AAT) Sensor inputs are compared to the inputs form each of the temperature sensors located in the MAF and MAP Sensors. If a temperature sensor is not within a calibrated threshold of the ECT or AAT Sensors, a performance fault is set.

[paste:font size="4"]When Monitored and Set Conditions
    When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:
    [/paste:font]

With the ignition on.
    Battery voltage greater than 10.4 volts.

Set Conditions:

The Supercharger Outlet Pressure Sensor input voltage is above the maximum acceptable threshold.

Default Actions:

The MIL light will illuminate.

Possible Causes
    5–VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
    SUPERCHARGER OUTLET PRESSURE SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
    SUPERCHARGER OUTLET PRESSURE SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE 5–VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
    SUPERCHARGER OUTLET PRESSURE SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE
    SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE
    SUPERCHARGER OUTLET PRESSURE SENSOR
    POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

6. Wack_Cat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Intermediate MAP (IMAP) Sensor On the Intake Manifold directly after the Supercharger P00F8, P00F9, P00FA, P00FB, P0607 P00E9, P00EA,

Ok perfect. What does that mean or how to fix it. It cleared but the CEL is still on.

I'm not an engineer. Hahaha.

7. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    While I haven't been to the "track" yet, I'm here and had the car out this morning. No codes (I check each time I get back from driving) so generally speaking I'd rule out today's DA (Density Altitude).

Wack_Cat , what track did you go to today???

8. Wack_Cat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    High plans race way. It was a great day.

In all truth the car isn't stock. And I'm running a very small pully with no tune. To be truthfull.

9. BULL

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My understanding is anything below 2.85 requires a tune, so if you're well below that, I'd look there first...

10. Wack_Cat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hahahahaha I'm running a 2.60. 15 lbs and loving it.

11. Wack_Cat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I didn't want to say anything cause will I know you all are going to think I'm nuts.

Thus wack cat.

12. BULL

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey it's your car! And while I did say "requires", really I'm not the one to say. If you haven't already, talk to the guys at High Horse, they'll know best what you can and can't get away with.

The one small, likely invalid, point I would make is, watch your Air/Fuel ratio, make sure you're not going too lean...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  13. Wack_Cat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well wot I'm 11.6 all day long. And I run a 180 thermostat and it works great.

But like I was thinking to my self and fighting back and forth about telling you guys this cause I know you would all say get a tune.

It is my car and I'm OK going into dark water as I already have over 2k miles on it like this.

A/F at 5000 feet is way different the. Sea level as you know BULL.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  14. BULL

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've got a Kestrel, I'll go check it later and let you know what the actual DA was, what time were you running?

15. BULL

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hmmm...

I didn't realize High Plains was as far away as it is (65miles as the bird flys from my house) so my DA likely isn't valid for there.

But for what it's worth, I'm at 5050ft and my DA for the day was 6500 +-50,