Challenger Allocation Method

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Russ Baskin, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Russ Baskin

Russ Baskin Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't know how many have seen this article. I am now really concerned as the second allocation comes out any day but my dealer has one on the lot selling 5-10k over MSRP. I am number 2 on the dealer list.

Sell more Dodges get more Hellcats brand tells dealers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Being from Ohio my dealer which I used to sell for moves a lot of trucks. Not so much the dodge brand. Kinda sucks that they choose this system in my eyes. They should look and see who owned a challenger before. Give those who supported the car a chance first. Never forget who brought you to the big dance. I raced my 2013 all the time at the track. I promise there were not too many folks brining a 4300 pound car to my local road course and the car got more attention then the 302's that were there. Just my 2 cents.

• Like Like x 1
  3. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for sharing. I like the way they do the allocations

4. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The issue is that the large dealers are often the ones that are selling with a large markup and the small dealers who just want to make a sale, hence offering for MSRP can't get one to sell.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am ok with the allocations but some dealers don't seem to let the buyers know. I believe that dealers who have none don't want to let the customer know they are not as "successful" as other dealers so they just keep stealing their deposits in hope that the allocation opens up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Russ Baskin

Russ Baskin Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer just called me tonight and told me their first allocation sold tonight. At 10K over. Might be just a little too late as Allocation comes out on 12/9

7. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Allocation system is great. The European auto companies use it with success. It keeps it fair for all dealers to score the Halo Unit.

WT

8. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What about the dealers that are sitting on hellcats because no one is buying over MSRP

9. rick arrieta

rick arrieta Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Its hard to say who deserves a Hellcat, I think dealers do for sure, I think that someone who has bought and owns a Challenger does for sure, I think diehard Mopar fans do since they push for the Mopar brand, which category I fall into, who owns and races mopars, and to be honest, never interested in a new car until the Hellcat, after forty years of Mopars. So there are a lot of folks who think they should be at the top of the list. I don't think Dodge really knew what the demand was going to be, especially for us guys that were teenagers during the first muscle car era, and the fact that the CEO looks to be in his late fortys or fiftys. I think they are doing the best they can, everyone needs to be patience, me included. All this being said, I do think some dealers need to shape up. Thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Funny story, I heard about the hellcat, And when they released pricing I called my dealer and said I want to be on the list... So when the order banks opened I went down and told them what I want and gave them my deposit. Mind you I bought a 300S from my saleman last year.. So in no way have I been a mopar guy, Im sorry, Tim.K. said he will build a car for every person that wants one,, And can afford it...His original thought was that this car Is for the 5% of the people that want a fast car...5% of the world or US, Not sure,, but There is a lot of people wanting this car...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Helldog

Helldog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The article says:

So dealers who add markups to the vehicle, say, $10,000 or $20,000, could be penalized with lower allocations if the markups slow sales...He said that he has no issue with market pricing, adding that dealers have a right to do so.

The key word there is if. It doesn't appear to be slowing sales at the current time to charge $10K over sticker. They are selling for that. However, once the pool of people that have more money than sense combined with impatience have theirs, maybe those of us willing to be patient and purchase at a reasonable price (< or = MSRP) will get ours and may even get better cars with more available options and colors. Patience over desire. It's usually not a good idea to get one of the "first" ones as there are usually issues. I know this from experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    if you are willing to wait, im sure you will find one at msrp.... the waiting part is the worst ever...

13. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    All Hellcats are selling as fast as they are put up for sale at 10K over Msrp.
    Its a supply and demand market.
    I ordered 2 selling the other.

WT

14. magnummrk

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I would bet you are pretty accurate on this. Get the deposit and string the customer along. With lack of information from Dodge, the un informed customer listens to the dealer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. magnummrk

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am sure if people want to wait long enough some year there will be a surplus of them and then they can possibly get them for under msrp. Life is too short to play that game!

• Agree Agree x 2