Challenger HC availability on the rise?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by BULL, Nov 22, 2015.

1. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is it my imagination or is Challenger HC availability on the rise? It seems like there is a slow increase in the number of HC's that are available and are getting closer and closer to me?

One just showed up tonight (close, ~20miles) as being available and it appears to even be listed at MSRP on the dealers website...o_O

Maybe we're at that junction where the ADM madness is going to collapse on itself...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You can't take what is listed on the dealer website as gospel, a) all of the cars they get automatically get put on their website even if it's a sold order and b) they rarely list the ADM on the website.

That said, yes these beasts should be getting easier to find but just don't take the word of the dealer website

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    405 Challenger HC's currently listed on CARS.com
    Beige (1)Black (125)Blue (63)Gray (18)Green (2)Purple (45)Red (54)Silver (3)White (75)Other (19)

68 Charger HCs currently listed on CARS.com
    Beige (1)
    Black (24)Blue (5)Gray (5)Purple (6)Red (8)Silver (1)White (12)Other (6)

Go get them...they are out there!

4. 81cj8

81cj8 Worth the wait!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think the next few months will be a sweet spot. Cold up north

5. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can't go by cars dot com. If you call about them they are 99% sold orders and of the 1% available 99% of those have ADM. You just got to call and call and call. Also he willing to travel. For my m6 cat i flew from north dakota to St Louis. For my A8 cat i drove from north dakota to north east Wisconsin. Neither was at msrp but a price i was comfortable with. Both were sublime. Im happy as a pig in schlit i got my sublime A8.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And of course they will be more available, FCA decided to try to double the production run of them for 2016 (an idea I stated months ago when they released that, I was against).
    As the frenzy was surely going to subside after the first year, since this is such a hugely specialty car that will only appeal to a very narrow group of people, and most of those people were in the frenzy of the past year.
    So sadly since they ramped up production so much, we are bound to see more available on lots, and then of course, prices will start to drop, along with resale values of used ones.
    It was too greedy on FCA's part and short sighted.
    As I've said it before, Ford has it right with there performance specialty cars. Make them for two years, then gone.
    Then a year or two later (or longer) come out with a different specialty car. Keeps the frenzy going, keeps sales going, keeps people "upgrading" to the newest thing, and doesn't hugely affect resale values like an oversaturated car that sits on dealer lots because those narrow group of interested buyers already got their cars.
    Same will be with the Hellcat. I'd say 80- 90% of people who want and can afford a Hellcat have them already, or will have one by early 2016.

7. FarAwayFromHere

FarAwayFromHere Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    One can only hope FCA Delivers Sold Canada orders,this is getting to be ridiculous!

8. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    By early fall next year, you will have your choice of a couple colors available on bigger dealer lots.. and I'm willing to bet under MSRP..

9. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ^^what do you mean? there are still people in Canada who've ordered cars some time ago who have not taken delivery?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ADM seemed to die about 3 months ago from what ive seen....only those not willing to search and travel pay ADM's right now

when the last Sublime A8 sold the ADM was over

at some point all the hardcores who had to have a HC got one......were past that point now....

11. FarAwayFromHere

FarAwayFromHere Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Correct For United States
    Canada Not so much...
    Per RS only 35 Canadian delivered so far this year,
    Out of those,2 went to HC.Org members on here,
    Most of the rest are probably stock orders,
    Meanwhile the rest of us Vonhellers wait 1year+-
    And Ready to Purchase NOW!

12. Kado

Kado Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just paid $1100 under msrp for my new 2015 (unclaimed order) so I believe the prices may be coming down

• Like Like x 2
  13. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow great dealin kado.... Dealer in columbus ohio has 4 that arent spoken for they are not shipped but they do have a list of people to check with...I too believe that the die harda got one. But i believe also that was in part to get the first yest helcats...which also attributed to the adm fees...i had to way whether i thought the extra cost outwayed the amount if fun i was going to have and to not worry wheather i would ever get a chance again to own one.... I decided it was... Still burns though... But no regrets.... What do u feel the frenzy will be if they get rid of the hemi and the challanger in 2018???

14. phil hunter

phil hunter Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Most, if not all, of the dealers here in my part of SoCal are still marking the cars up. Recently called a dealer in Las Vegas. 20K over sticker. Dealer in San Diego has two on the way; both marked up way over MSRP. Want a Hellcat, but not willing to pay big dollars over MSRP. Willing to wait.

Phil

15. charger440rt

charger440rt Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Its all a matter of perspective of what is rare or not. Last year, while being frustrated that my order was not going to get built, I went looking elsewhere. At the time ironically there were more Hellcats sitting 'built' on dealer lots due to ADM than there were 6cyl Challengers. You would call and get the dealer BS how the Hellcats were so rare and hard to find. The only thing making them rare was dealers holding onto built cars trying to milk everyone. I began to realize dealers saying they were only getting a few really meant nothing, when one considers that 25,000 v6 Challenger over 3,000 dealers meant 5 to 10 "v6-SXT" models a year averaged out per dealer. Going by that even the v6 Challengers are therefore 'rare' as how many could be sitting on a month by month basis at a given dealership. It's dealer smoke and mirrors. LOL.