Challenger - Hellcat - Burning Oil?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by PearlandHellcat, Apr 3, 2015.

1. PearlandHellcat

PearlandHellcat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I seem to have an issue with my Hellcat occasionally spewing white smoke out of the drivers side heat extractor on the hood when sitting at a light or in traffic. It smells like burning oil to me, but I suppose it could be a number of other things. It must be a small amount because I have not found any liquids pooling under the car on the ground when it sits in the garage. I have searched all over to locate the source but can't seem to find one, its possible it could be dripping a small amount from the rocker cover if I have a bad gasket or maybe it didn't seat correctly. I need to take it into the dealer but just haven't had the free time to do so... Wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue?

2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I haven't and I wouldn't keep waiting, take it into the dealership ASAP especially if it's "mysterious"

3. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    First 3 I pdi did till I got it hot