SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Challenger Hellcat Supercharger Intake Headlight Port Grille Screen

32K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  KennS 
#1 · (Edited)
I've seen a couple places selling the intake port grille/screen. Wanted to get one but didn't know if it was frowned upon for restricting airflow. Didn't want a bird or something getting in there when I hit 160 and prepare for lift off.:( But seriously has anyone tried this and noticed a rise in air temp difference for supercharger..thanks in advance

#2 ·
I've seen a couple places selling the intake port grill/screen. Wanted to get one but didn't know if it was frowned upon for restricting airflow. Didn't want a bird or something getting in there when I hit 160 and prepare for lift off.:( But seriously has anyone tried this and noticed a rise in air temp difference for supercharger..thanks in advance
It'd have to pass through the air filter so just leave it alone IMHO

Reactions: Boggs
#35 ·
Those intakes you show are not the same as the headlight opening that leades directly to the air filter which could get clocked by Leaves, liter etc. Did you see the post where someone swallowed a bird? This stuff can really slow air flow.
Know what they’re doing, absolutely. Can they predict whether or not someone’s Dodge will suck a bird ? Apparently not.

#7 ·
was just joking about a bird..kind of an aviation joke, bird strike on take off..Cessna can get airborne at 60-70mph..160 you can get a boeing airborne

#5 ·
#13 ·
I was just out driving the other day on the highway and went through some construction. was thinking the grille would be nice to keep out debris if any came off the road or a dump truck getting on the highway. didn't want a rock getting in there. I didn't think of it before but maybe on the other end where you cant see inside they put a mesh screen or something to filter out bugs and large debris from getting in there and messing something up. As you can tell I worry about everything when it comes to my baby.

Reactions: AGENT76
#17 ·
Here is the link to the website.
D.I.P.S. - GENPARTSCO-USA
They have 2 different ones, 1 is new and designed more for the hellcat. I'll let you folks know if it raises air temp any due to restricting the airflow, thanks again pete

#18 ·
I have two of the all black race version in the Superchallenger and two of the shorter stainless ones in the wifes R/T, I grabbed those right when they first came out. I love ours and install was too easy, they kinda twist in and lock into place, mine havent moved since I put them in. no issues with temp or air restriction in either car from everything I can tell, the wifes car has had them in now going on about 6 months, I think if anything they help smooth flow kinda like a tunnel ram would on a carbureted car, the web site kinda says that too. Ive not heard anyone else on other boards I read, as having any issues either, genpartsco stuff is pretty highly regarded from what I know and my buying experience from them both times was awesome..they tossed in an SRT trunk pull handle when I bought the second set for the SC. :D I can vouch that they do protect the intake and filter from larger stuff, Ive picked out larger leaves, a few big bugs, road junk, etc that were stopped by the screens, which otherwise would have entered the box and worse perhaps, built up over time. Its not a new idea though, 60's drag racers used to remove a headlight and run a screen and ducting to the engine, but genpartsco revived it when someone stuffed a used hamburger wrapper in their parked hellcats headlight hole as a jerk prank or something like that from what Ive heard. anyway, Im glad I bought mine.

Attachments

Reactions: AGENT76
#21 ·
I have a 2015 Challenger Hellcat. Torred with auto. Keep it covered with a Hellcat cover. I drive it about once a month. Just read where many are concerned about getting debris or a bird strike into the headlight intake while driving. Today I pulled the cover off and noticed straw inside the headlight intake. A bird had built a nest and had layed 4 eggs ! After removing the nest there was still gobs of straw packed behind the nest. If anyone let's their Hellcat sit covered outside for long periods between drives better check the headlight intake. Will be ordering a DIPS today ! Will send pics later.

#33 ·
I have them. 3 minute install. If nothing else, it solves my OCD issue with having only one side open.

#34 · (Edited)
Only 1 left in stock, and it doesnt look black.
I cant find contact info for this company, anyone else?

Edit; Found it... DIPSPROD@GMAIL.COM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.