Challengers are really rare compared to Camaros and Mustangs

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by buddyg, Apr 6, 2016.

1. buddyg

buddyg Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Never really noticed this before owning my Hellcat but you just don't see that many Challegers compared to Mustangs and Camaros.

On top of that the Challenger just looks so much better than the Chevy and Ford. More distinct and original design. Definitely old school
    Muscle car look.

Don't think I'm a fanboy either as I owned a Camaro and would again. Just some observations I've made.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Having previously owned the 2014 GT500 and the Camaro ZL1, I can definitely attest to that. I never quite felt like my cars stood out in the crowd nor did I experience that certain kind of uniqueness like I do now. The challenger feels like a old school, throwback retro muscle and has stayed as true as possible to its DNA unlike the rest. This is the car which has aged gracefully while staying true to its roots. You get this stately feeling like you literally own the road with its majestic road presence.

Unfortunately the legend and lure of the hellcat is such, that many wannabes are now jumping on the bandwagon and buying the lower trims with the sole intention of hoodwinking the public into believing that they too are driving hellcats. Lol. Still you don't get to see a lot of these compared to the other mass produced muscle car offerings from the competitors.

I don't know about you, but I always like seeing another challenger or charger on the road, irrespective of the trim and i always turn around and give it a second or third look.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    In general, Hellcats are rare PERIOD. I live in NY, drive the Taconic, GCP and many areas all the time. It's just not likely that I'll see a Hellcat of any kind.

But on rare occasions I have spotted them and they are always Challengers. The Challenger body style is pretty darn common and as cool as the it is, they are everywhere is lesser trims. The same goes for the Camaro and Mustangs, but I'd say the Mustang is a bit more common. I see all of them in various trims every day.

But I almost never see the newer Scat Pack, SRT 392 or Hellcat Charger. So rare in fact that when I saw a black SRT 392 Charger recently, it turned out to be MINE, the one I had traded for the Charger Hellcat. Beyond that just don't see the fast Chargers. My friend traded his M5 for the Hellcat Charger and lives in Long Island. He's yet to see another one.

Hellcats are rare in all forms, but the Charger Hellcat crazy rare. I see more Lambos than Hellcats of any kind. I think that's certainly part of the appeal for some folks. Nobody looks at a Porsche or M car. The see the new Vette literally every day. A Hellcat is still carrying a lot of exclusivity. TFLC called it one of the most desirable cars.

Robert

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You are absolutely right about the perfect one of nostalgia and modern looks of the Challenger. There is no equal on the road today that has this combination. The Camaro's or even the vette have nothing as far as nostalgic look. Dodge really hit it when they designed the Challenger and made it the best of new and old.
    Far more mustangs and camaros on the road than challengers. I always find myself looking more for our cars than the oversaturated market for the two vehicle I said earlier.
    I see more up badging from posers on them than I see challengers unless I am at a cruise or driving with members from NE challengers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BD2DBONE

BD2DBONE Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm on Long Island, NY and I've seen 2 Charger Hellcats a grey and a B5. I've seen 6 Challenger Hellcats: grey, plum crazy, sublime (in addition to mine), 2 whites, and a black. I know my detailer worked on 5 last count which was October.

And frankly I barely drive. I take a train to the city every day. This is just on the weekends in the past 8 months because the first one I saw was mine back in August.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BD2DBONE

BD2DBONE Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

They did real well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. macden

macden SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    For my first couple of years with my '12 I felt like I never saw another challenger of any type. In the past year or so, I see a lot more of them. Most seem to be base models. In the past year, I have only seen three other Hellcats (other than a show). The real bummer is that I was only driving mine one of those times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The challenger Hellcat design is just plain sexy. When I look at it....well, you get the idea.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. timmbo

timmbo Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I gotta say I agree if we're talking American muscle. Besides my 15' SRT I own a 2006 Mustang GT convertible. Full on blown Kenne Bell Mammoth custom build with over 840 HP powered on E85. Absolutely an insane ride. I love it, but it's a common Mustang. They are everywhere. Corvettes? Snooze fest. Again, they are everywhere. Camaros? Snooze fest. Again, those are everywhere. You wanna stand out in the crowd and be secretly admired by these guys? Drive your SRT or Hellcat! Owning Sublime....NOT blending in is a great problem to have LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Booky

Booky Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think my 2012 GT500 got more attention, but I am fine with that.

The A8 Challenger Hellcat is a whole different animal.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  11. MaxxMuscle

MaxxMuscle Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sweet looking ride u had Booky.

• Like Like x 1
  12. timmbo

timmbo Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Sweet! Love that cowl hood!

Here's mine. Doubt I'll ever sell it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The legs?

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have seen two HC Challengers in the wild and no HC Chargers. Kinda lonely but at the same time I like being unique.

• Like Like x 1
  15. buddyg

buddyg Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The front of the Hellcat just looks angry! Now I can certainly appreciate the GT500, GT350 or a ZL1 Camaro. I really love lots of different cars. Just loving my pissed of Cat right now!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1