CHARGER HC Solo exhaust install

Discussion in 'Solo Performance' started by 1badasshellcat, Sep 3, 2015.

1. 1badasshellcat

1badasshellcat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    First I can not express how happy I am with the Solo exhaust. This was the first kit made for the charger. Mike from bwoody performance took some measurements and sent everything to Solo. They built the kit for the charger and shipped it to mike. I wanted to see the performance from stock then after the exhaust install. I know there is some BS going on with the intake wars so I installed my stock intake and took it to a local dyno. Yesterday it was 90 degrees with almost 50% humidity. The car put down 644.3 and 591.8. BONE STOCK. It was a dyno jet dyno.

Next went to Bwoody for the install. Mike and his crew took the stock exhaust off in 10 minutes and cut out the valves and re welded them into the solo exhaust. The whole install start to finish took just over an hour.

Then I headed back to the dyno with a BIG ASS grin on my face. I tried like hell to stay out of it, but the sound now is the way this car should have come from the factory. THE MOST IMPRESSIVE thing about this exhaust is 100% NO DRONE!!!! I can't believe it myself. When you get on it...watch out it is just plain rude!!!

The shop hooked the car up and we all put in ear plugs this time. The results....656.7 RWHP AND 598.4 RWTQ. AGAIN this is STOCK except the exhaust. +12.4 RWHP AND +6.6 RWTQ

I could not be happier with this exhaust. Solo did an awesome job with the exhaust and Mike and his guys did a great job measuring, welding and fitting it all together.

ENJOY!!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Cost?

3. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Presale right now:

Challenger SRT/Hellcat: $699 shipped presale
    Charger SRT/Hellcat: $709 shipped presale

If you choose to weld the valves back in yourself, subtract $50. Otherwise, we will send a return label and box to send us your valves, and we will weld them into new 3" pipe, which will bolt right back in to the exhaust. Just make sure to mark which is driver and which is passenger.

We would have done a core program, but you can't even order the valves from Chrysler because they need them for production.

• Like Like x 1
  4. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks so much for posting your experience. We are so happy that you are enjoying your exhaust kit and everything went smoothly. A special thanks to both you and BWoody for taking the time to make the necessary changes for fitment and sending it back to us so we could make a jig for it. Just to be clear, this kit has no mufflers and no resonators. It only has an X pipe in the middle, and J pipes to eliminate the drone in the back, which come preset by us from our shop. We can make a quieter version with our Mach muffler in the middle as a special request as well, but I would think most want it to sound aggressive when you get on it and no drone on the highway. Once the valves are reinstalled, the CEL will go off on its own after 3-4 drive cycles.

Enjoy and welcome to the Solo Performance family!

Steve

• Like Like x 1
  5. 1badasshellcat

1badasshellcat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I put about 200 miles on the car yesterday and today. NO CEL's at all. Still amazing with no muffler NO DRONE at highway speeds. GREAT JOB!!!!

Thanks again this is a BEAST!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. adub

adub Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Do you have photos of the system?

7. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  8. mike@bwp

mike@bwp Gold Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Your welcome Steve, our pleasure glad we could assist.

9. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    goingsolo2 offer one with some performance mufflers so I can pass DOT emission tests!!! straight pipes with no mufflers will get me failed at "Air care Colorado"..... stupid tree huggers.....:mad:

10. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We have an option for a mid muffler....it can be ordered by calling me direct, and the muffler will have a true X pipe built inside of it:)

Steve
    516-655-9002

• Winner Winner x 1