Charger HC tune questions?

Discussion in 'High Horse Performance' started by Hemibuck, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hi guys,

Are you guys selling the Diablo tune package? I notice that they are selling theirs on their website and claim 30HP with just a tune. Do you guys sell the same package but with a custom tune? If so what numbers have you guys seen with just a tune? Also does an intake make a difference with what you can gain with just a tune? Thanks I look forward to hearing back.

2. Ty Webb

Ty Webb Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Also interested in a response. DE isn't that far from me, would be willing to make that drive. :)

3. Ty Webb

Ty Webb Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Bueller?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sammy123

Sammy123 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    They must not come here that often lol.

My question is what the typical gains for a stock Hellcat charger, and if it's possible to just do a street tune only (not interested in race gas tune) for a bit cheaper.

5. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed. I was looking at the same. I just want some numbers from the canned tunes and a CMR tune. Seems unless you are going to do a pulley no one wants to talk to you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 19Dart69

19Dart69 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey, don't feel bad, I've called and emailed them about purchasing a built short block for my Dart and a bunch of stuff for my Hellcat. I haven't heard anything back. I will say, I contacted Skip at Demon Performance and he got back to me in less than 24hrs.

7. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Is there really such a thing as "only a tune"? Unlocked PCM, tuner, lost warranty.

Opens a big door for additional performance gains, opens your wallet and closes off critical parts of your warranty.

• Like Like x 2
  9. HighHorseman

HighHorseman VIP Hellcat Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Sorry, apparently I don't get notifications when someone posts in our vender section, I didn't even know this thread was started. We pride ourselves on the highest levels of customer service. If you sent an email or created a thread like this and didn't get a response, please give us the benefit of the doubt and give us a call. You'll get a live person every time.

As far as tuning for stock, gains are there of about 20 to 30 rwhp but it's also the torque management reductions that allow us to make the cars quicker as we control the power output and release more power to the tires. Once you do anything to the car you practically are going to need a tune more than likely. 99% of my hellcat tunes are for customers that have changed pullies but a few have opted for stock boost levels with their tuning packages.

Just adding tuning could create an issue with your warranty although we haven't seen any such cases yet. You just never know.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sammy123

Sammy123 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I spoke with my dealer, adding a Mopar part (3.09 gear) will not affect the warranty.

Tuning will void it if they know about it, but just like the 392 guys it would be best to just have a spare stock PCM to use when taking it in for service. That's why I was interested in just a tune for a stock car, to make some more power with the ability to swap back to a stock PCM if service is needed. So far I haven't heard a single case where this was an issue since the 2015+ were introduced (PCM swap), but at the same time I don't want to be the first lol.

• Like Like x 2
  11. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Having OEM PCM and good relation with dealer helps. However, there'd be mileage discrepancy between odometer and PCM. I know one of the forum member going thru this and I won't publish anything until he gets the final wording from FCA (plus his approval to post anything).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the reply. So for us 1%ers we get 20-30 HP to the wheels and a faster car. I for one am interested. That is actaully a good little bump and enough for me for now. Yes of course I know swapping the ECU can create an issue with warranties. My tech said he would have a bigger problem with covering a warranty issue with an aftermarket DS than a tune because you can swap the tune back and they can't tell. If there was an issue with warranties as much as people think why don't we hear more about it?

13. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This tells me that the tech and dealership were tipped off or had a suspicion he was tuned. This just doesn't throw up a red flag when they plug into your car. They have to seek it out. So IMO someone was on to him from the start.

14. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If they are looking for it and have a tech that know how to find it they can tell. That's a big if. It won't just pop up. Hell they can't fix our rides with rough idles blowing CEL's or the paddle shifter bug but they are going to find this? Haha ok. Don't piss off your sales rep or tech and treat them with respect and chances are you will be good. Treat them like shit and watch things not gonly your way. Just my 2 cents.

15. HighHorseman

HighHorseman VIP Hellcat Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Legally, the way warranties are written it's Chrysler who has to prove that you did something that correctly caused a particular failure outside lof what would be covered under the warranty.

• Agree Agree x 1