SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Check engine light 2016 Hellcat question

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Phat Black Cat 
#1 ·
My 2016 Challenger Hellcat was delivered to dealership this past Friday, supposed to be ready today. Dealer called us this afternoon and said check engine light was on, code indicated transmission coolant. It was not low, they flushed and refilled anyway. Did not correct it. Called Chrysler twice. The second time it cleared it but came back on when restarted. They have a third call in to Chrysler to troubleshoot. Anyone else have this problem??

#2 ·
First of all CONGRATULATIONS on your new Hellcat !
I'm very sorry you're going though this.

I recently posted my concerns about the growing amount of quality issues being reported on this forum; but felt much better after seeing a ton of our owners reporting ZERO problems plus pointing out the negative reports only represent a tiny fraction of the vast majority of satisfied owners.

I'll be honest and admit that I've been on the fence between the 2016 A8 Hellcat Challenger and the 2016 A8 Z06 --------- both OUTSTANDING machines !!! So when I checked out the Z06 forum I found the same amount of complaints and quality issues being reported!

Having said all that seeing a brand new car being delivered with codes right off the truck is just unimaginable and disturbing. You get a brand new dream car delivered and you can't even drive it home and enjoy the moment that you rightfully deserve.

So does this mean I'm "jumping ship" and now leaning towards the Z06 ?

HELL NO !!

Hang in there Hellkitty they'll get it fixed and you'll be smiling the second you hit the throttle !!

#6 ·
So I have received the check engine code 3 times since Nov. The first visit the dealer told me it was a bent pin in a connector. Then the second visit a week later they didn't know and gave me the car back for the weekend and the weather warmed up and the check engine light went off. My car is currently in the shop for three days the dealer open a case up with Chrysler they still can't find the source. It always starts after car has been sitting outside for awhile in sub freezing weather and then I remote start it. I will start and run for like 10 seconds then shut off. The diagnostic screen will display a P050B error code. I miss Beyonce! The dealer gave me a base model Jeep Compass as a loaner which has made me appreciate my Hellcat even more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.