Clarkson, Hammond, & May sign new car show deal...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Driver72, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  2. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I haven't been keeping up. They no longer on Top Gear? I moved and lost my DVR schedule, so I haven't been trying to record it.

3. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Yes, earlier in the year Jeremy Clarkson and one of the producers got into a bit of a fight. Jeremy apparently laid hands on the producer, so they fired him.
    Hammond and May said, "fire him, we leave too"
    So off they went.
    Clarkson had a legit beef with the producer who didn't supply a meal for them after a long day of filming. Clarkson rightfully had a complaint about that. They were being cheap and he let them know it. His mistake was pushing and laying his hands on the producer. No charges were filed and the producer even felt he did so in the heat of the argument, but it wasn't the producers firing, it was the BBC. Jeremy apologized and admitted fault and took all pressure off the producer.
    But BBC wanted to set an example that any kind of assault is not acceptable, so they fired Clarkson. One of their most profitable shows and most popular group of guys (led by Clarkson).
    Financially a very stupid move on BBC's part. Personally I'd of suspended him, fined him, and made him take an anger management class, then letting him know the 2nd offense is loss of 50% of his wages that year. 3rd offense firing.

But many executives at BBC didn't like Clarkson for his no nonsense, straight forward, say it as it is, F political correctness stance on life. You know the same people who hate Donald Trump for being who he is too.
    So they used it as an excuse to get rid of him.
    They're huge financial lose is Amazon's and viewers gains, as we in America won't have to wait long periods of time to see new episodes of the show. They would be instantly viewable.

You can bet on the contracts this time around Clarkson (and maybe Hammond and May too) are producers on the new show.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the info

• Like Like x 1