Clear Bra and CQuartz Finest Pics

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Detailing' started by goingsolo2, Mar 21, 2015.

1. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here are some pics of the Suntek Clear Bra install, as well as the CQuartz Finest treatment. I will post pics as I get them from the detailer. He said that there were some fine scratches on the trunk and by the gas tank, but other than that he was quite surprised how good the paint was compared to the last Hellcat he had in. He said the door jams are usually a nightmare and mine were fine.

This first one is before the CQuartz, and during the Suntek install on the front bumper.
    imagejpeg_0-2.jpg
    This is another before CQuartz, but after the Suntek install.
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    This was after Suntek install on the door sills.
    imagejpeg_0-3.jpg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very shiny thanks for sharing!

3. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Got the car back today and let me tell you, the CQuartz is everything it's hyped up to be. The car looks like it has 10 coats of clear on it, and the paint correction done before makes the car look like a smooth piece of glass. Thanks to Will at Xclusive Autoworks in Massapequa, NY for a job well done. The Suntek film was put on front bumper, mirrors, rocker panels, and inside door sills. You can barely see it and the reflection is the same as the paint…I saw the XPel and Suntel side to side, and the Suntek is night and day clearer. For anyone on the fence, its worth every penny. Here are some pics:

There's actually a seam along the rocker panels and door…can't even see it.
    IMG_3513.JPG IMG_3514.JPG IMG_3511.JPG IMG_3509.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    11081217_10153092380203467_6868023234430465482_n.jpg 10314737_10153097226053467_8596601076517782353_n.jpg 15787_10153090328403467_4888367301145946398_n.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Lighty

Lighty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Looks great! Cant wait for mine. Love how the granite shows different hues with lighting and angle! Awesome!

6. Mike Canadian

Mike Canadian Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Nice job! My bra has to be done a second time...not too happy but they will do it again in my space when the weather is warmer.:(

7. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You have to see it in person…you can see the blue, red, and green flake in it…it's unreal…I can't believe how poor the finish is from the factory…mine has 800 miles on it and he said there were paint defects all over the place…faded spots from overspray, swirls, fine scratches, etc. If anyone is on the fence about doing this, it's worth it!

8. Blackdevil77

Blackdevil77 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Looks fantastic! What do you think of Xclusive Autoworks? That's my local detailer also, thinking about taking the Shelby there. Them and Detailing Dynamics are the 2 biggest names around here. I see more higher end, crazy exotic cars at detailing dynamics (they just did a Mclaren P1) but I don't think they offer Cquartz finest. They have a fantastic reputation as well. Just not sure which to take my car to.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Will at Xclusive Autoworks was fantastic to work with. He did a great job and he had some high end cars there as well. He had a Tesla, BMW 7 series, Maserati GT all there in the same week. I would recommend him to anyone!

10. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    CQuartz Finest in action…after driving a few miles, the car was totally dry.

IMG_3535.JPG

11. Bossnova3

Bossnova3 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Wow I need this in Orlando, Florida

12. Hatmaker3

Hatmaker3 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How much does this cost, how long does it last, and where can you get it done at? I live in Ohio

13. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It varies by detailer and exactly what CQuartz product is used. Mine used CQuartz Finest and was $800 with full paint correction.

You would have to search for CQuartz certified detailers in your state. Do not let anyone not certified apply it, as it is a specific process and needs specialized lights to cure. It lasts up to 3 years.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    After 3 years, they strip what is left of it and reapply. They have a certain chemical the removes it. It is a non-permeable paint protective coating, so I would think that only minor correction, if any, is needed after the 3 years and the paint should look pristine. Very little can adhere itself to the CQuartz coating that won't rinse off with water and Reset (car wash soap made for CQuartz treated cars), so it's not actually making it to the paint itself. There's no need to clay bar it, in other words. When I dry the car, I use a blower and don't even have to touch the car with any microfibers because the water just flies off so easily.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jay O

Jay O Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    thats a great color!