Clear bra, brand, price and how much did you cover?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by soundman5000, Jul 24, 2015.

1. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have decided to have a clear bra installed on my Challenger and these are my choices and welcome an opinion, thoughts of what to do. FYI, my car is not a daily driver and I take great care and try and stay several cars back to avoid rock chips. Sand is more of an issue in my area than rocks but I will take a few vacation trips. Last car I used 3M spray bra and that was a pain.

1) 3M or EXPEL, My installer will do either.

2) How much to cover? My choice is the lower front bumper area, about 18" or so on the hood. The headlights and mirrors and may do a few custom cuts to cover behind the tires ( the part my rock guards may miss, my idea) for around $700 parts / labor.

3) He will do all the above but include the entire front end from the front of the door jam forward including full hood for around $1,300. Do I want the full hood covered?

Is his pricing in line and has a clear bra ever done more harm than good when removed?

2. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    my choice would be expel ultimate......how ever I backed out of having mine done and I am running naked. mine is also in a garage and kept very good....hell its 110 + degrees here now and it is in storage until fall. I do not feel any vinyl material can last the extreme heat we have ......I spoke to my stripe guy about that the other day and he agreed.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. soundman5000

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I never thought about heat? I have decided my next car will be purchased in the fall as my garage is so hot I cant enjoy polishing and waxing like normal.
    Im on the coast in the south so I will talk with my guy about the heat and product warrantee. Do people have problems with a clear bra a few years down the road?

4. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I got Premium Shield installed for $350. Covers front facia, headlights, and mirrors. Already have Avery satin black hood.

Product isn't an exact fit; it is close, but I wanted perfection: I really don't like the look if you get close enough to see the seam.

I believe it will protect and that's what I need for the road trip to the Southeastern Shindig (a lot of interstate miles)

• Like Like x 1
  5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Expel...around $900-1000 range

did 1/3rd hood, bumper, mirrors, sides, door handles

happy with it.....ive had all 3 of my vehicles done with expel now using 2 different installers...the 1st installer did such a poor job i had to return my truck 3x's and now found more that could be redone...ive given up on him and am just accepting the 1" bubble(its in an area where u dont notice).....took my gt500 and HC to another guy who did much better....he also had to come to my house 1x and correct 1 area.......if you look close you can see flaws everywhere.....not horrible flaws, but if your expecting absolute perfection i doubt you find it...if your expecting to see flaws when you put your face up to the car you will be fine......

expel is the most proven...thats why i chose it...the newer 3m hasnt been on the market long enough to know its good...i think expel is like a 20 year old product..

i found all the installers had a similar price....also found it hard to choose....if you dont know someone who
    has had it done i think its just luck if you find a good installer....

1st installer also used a razor......watched him finish and trim things.....i figured he used it all over my car and touched the paint w/ it when i wasnt there......2nd installer told me if you do it right you dont need a razor....you can ask whoever you hire,but i doubt they tell you the truth, even if they do razor it

good luck....i plan on doing it to every car i own from now on

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. srtfan

srtfan SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was going to go Xpel, but decided upon Suntek after talking to three different installers.

They all told me Suntek is cheaper, and a better product. Xpel lifts in corners more so than Suntek.

i wrapped my matte hood in matte suntek. I did my front nose entirely, the left and right fenders and 1/4 the way up the door all the way back, including rear section with seams. I then did the rear spoiler given it's also matte and will start to shine give the oils on your hand over time.

i then tinted 35% windows.

$2300 quoted, $1800 final cost and this is Canadian so in US dollars... $1375

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. soundman5000

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    UPDATE: I talked with my bra guy again and need to finalize and update on what direction ( I think ) I'm going so need to make sure Im doing the right thing...

Looking to do 3M newest pro series with a 7 year warrantee, Dealer has been around a long time and only does bra, no window tint etc and has a good track record and reviews. Will do 24" up the hood, full front end bumper and fenders. will do headlight protection as well as mirrors and will do me some custom cut protection behind 4 wheels for $700 out the door. I will be doing a 200 mile road trip and then my 1st 500 mile oil change when I return.
    Will be using blue masking tape for the drive down.

You guys think Im okay with NOT doing the full hood? Looks to me the price is right @ $700?
    I think Im going to polish my paint prior to having the bra installed, Polish not wax.

8. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got my hood wrapped and 3m paint protection on the front bumper and behind the front tire to the rear quarter panel about 16" tall alond the sides to protect from rock chips. $750. the front bumper looks like shit and I'll hagve it redone for $600 at a different place

• Useful Useful x 1