Code P1C4E Service Electronic Stability /Dampening System

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Maintenance' started by Johntpr, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Johntpr

Johntpr Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    154 Miles on my Hellcat, and getting this message. Any ideas before I get stuck taking it to the dealer?

Thanks in advance ! 20151031_141150_resized_1.jpg 20151031_141302_resized_1.jpg 20151031_141307_resized_1.jpg

2. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    John - I think that is one of those programmable codes that the manufacturers use. Meaning, unlike ODBII codes that basically mean the same thing across all manufacturers, it can be programmed to what the manufacturer wants them to mean. In just looking at this it could be something wrong with a wheel sensor and something wrong with one of the shocks... something not communicating with the PCM. Question is what is it? Do you have a good SRT Tech in your area? I have one up here I'll ask if he has seen this code before.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Johntpr

Johntpr Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Working on locating a good SRT tech. I right now don't know of any. Kind of thought it was a wheel sensor or shock issue, but my limited code scanner doesn't narrow down which wheel or shock.

4. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Take this to the dealer. At a minimum, it is just a code to be cleared, but the feedback from the service techs to SRT will be very beneficial.

Across the other FCA vehicle lineup, there are initial reports of ABS issues/recall going on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Word of advice, become friends with your dealer and SRT tech,, Maybe buy them lunch... it will pay off

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dragrcr

dragrcr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I put 18X10 rims with Drag Radials on my SRT and the shock wires touched the rim and were damaged. That brought in that warning on my dash. I had to splice the wires and it was a *****. The wires can easily be slid out of the way (towards the middle of the car).. A warning to anyone installing shorter rear tires/rims.

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had this issue, took it back to the selling dealer, they had to order a new shock and I came back a week later for the install that took under an hour.

8. falconma

falconma Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Thanks for the insight - this is probably the exact thing that happened to me. I was testing out my 18x10 drag wheels and was expecting to see the TPMS light but I was surprised when I saw the "service active damping system" message. Thought it would go away after putting the stock wheels on but it stayed on, and would not let the suspension change out of "street" mode. Getting this repaired now - will have to check the wires at the shock before changing out the wheels next time.