Code P2629 Plus Others... Solved!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Maintenance' started by SRT HC, Aug 20, 2015.

1. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Last Monday when I was driving I got code P2629. Then on Tuesday P0174 came up. That night I decided to take car to dealer Wednesday morning. That morning I got P112F and P112D as I was leaving my street. When I got to the dealer the Service Writer checked with his handhold and found P2099. I left it there and picked up my "free" rental.

The result that the tech found. He found an additional code P0300. After a test protocol on the Oxygen Sensor 2/1, it found it necessary to replace it.

The tech wrote the above in a much more comprehensive explanation and returned the car to the Service Writer who asked the tech to go on a test drive with me. This occurred Friday.

Now the truth came out.As we go for a test drive the tech explained what he actually found. It was all my negligence, but got done under warranty, thanks to the tech, whose name is withheld to protect the guilty angel. It seems that I hadn't securely screwed in the vessel of my new catch can, causing a in-leakage of air. I suppose the loose can became progressively looser with driving vibration. This caused the code sequence that occurred. But now with the can tightly secured I have had no more codes.

Who says all dealers are satanic? At least one angel worked at my dealership.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Self inflicted wounds are the worst:(

• Agree Agree x 1