Code U1140

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat TSB's' started by PCP2016, May 15, 2016.

1. PCP2016

PCP2016 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So I got caught in a storm car gets home fine. I go to drive it may 14 and I get a check engine light. I did notice a beeping during the week and had no clue it was from the actuator till I tried unplugging and plugging the connection back. 2/16 pcp charger hellcat. Sad day but still runs great. 2500 miles so far. I got the car 4/1/16

Josh

2. gabe

gabe Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just got that same code with three other codes and check engine light. All I did was pull my car out of the garage and wash it. When i finished washing the car i pulled it in to the garage and the codes came on. This happens when i get to much water under the front driver side fender.
    I had to disconnect the battery to stop the beeping sound and to stop the supercharger pump from running. If i don't disconnect the battery the supercharger pump will drain the battery.

3. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I assume you've checked for obvious thinks like open, loose, damaged connectors?

fnkychkn

Any input for these guys?

4. Coldheartid

Coldheartid Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to be late to this post, however I have had this code along with two others. It was found there was corrosion in a connector to the inner cooler pump. It was cleaned up and dielectric grease applied. Now 1.5 years later it is back. 33 codes found mostly related to low battery voltage.

I'm at dealer now. 8/17/16

BTW the mechanic commented none was applied at the factory.

5. PCP2016

PCP2016 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I had to go through srt to get anything done. It was the exhaust actuator but they insisted it was the computer first so it took longer then needed. Horrible dealer support in middle tn but I only dealt with a two dealers so meh. If any more codes come up I'll call srt and have them find another dealer if need be. SRT is awesome and Expressway dodge are the only good experiences so far besides the car ;).