SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Cold air intake

15K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  59585 
#1 ·
The Challenger Hellcat has a separate cold air intake directly through a "fake" headlight, but not the Charger. Does anyone know why this is not needed (or present) in the Charger? (The front grill seems perhaps a little bigger, I can't tell if that is the reason).

#7 ·
Yeah, that could be a problem...

View attachment 1234

But anyway - if there is a cold air intake, I don't see it on any of the literature... there may be one just not as, um, "cool" as on the Challenger.
The Intake is still there its just through the grille...
NinjaChicken is right. The intake is in about the same spot/side on the Charger, hidden behind the grill.
I guess because the Challenger has the old school 71 look to it and the Charger is more of current, not old school, sedan they didn't do it. :rolleyes:

#8 ·
With the design of the Challenger headlights, it just made sense to do it the way they did for the old-school 'nod'. However, for the Charger they didn't have the same luxury, but still need the additional air coming in, so it is behind the grill. At the end of this video the SRT Engineer points out where the air intake is:

#13 ·
On both the HC Challenger and Charger, they deleted the fog lamps in order to get additional cooling to the two coolers located on either side -- transmission oil cooler and engine oil cooler.

#14 ·
You can add the Hell cat intake to a RT challenger, The inlet is in both headlights on left and right ride. Mopar sales the tube and the box for under 80 dollars for both. I added this to my 2015 RT and it worked great , it lowered intake temps by 40 degrees on certain days. Also you can open up the opposite side headlight and left fresh air in to motor compartment and lower those temps too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.