Comedian Jon Lovitz with a Hellcat? ..."Yeah, that's the ticket"

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Profezzor X, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Profezzor X

Profezzor X Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    A part of my weekly routine is to check out the inventory schedule on Dodge.com to see what Hellcats have landed in my area. And in the last couple of days I noticed a Charger Hellcat at one that was just a few miles from work. So, I thought I'd check it out to get an up close and personal look at the red one they had on the showroom floor. I didn't make that much of a fuss going in, nor did I want a plethora of salesmen approaching me. My plan was to just go it, look at all the features it had available, take a couple of pictures, and get back to work. While I was going against the dealership's wishes by opening up the car and inspecting the interior, I couldn't help but notice an older guy with his little dog on a leash. I thought no big deal, since some of the residents in the surrounding upper middle class areas bring their lap dogs everywhere these days. Still, I go on about my business.

At some point I crouch down and start inspecting the wheel wells, taking notice of the felt-like material behind the wheels on the plastic fender liners. Then the lap dog guy says it must be one hell of a ride to squat down like that for so long. I looked up and sure enough, it was Jon Lovitz himself. I recognized him right away, and you never forget a profile. Plus, I'm into the old school comedians like Dangerfield, Williams (R.I.P.), and other pioneers of the 70's and 80's. By this time a sales person approaches him, and he starts babbling about the difference in power between the Sublime Challenger (Superbee) and the Charger Hellcat. It didn't seem like Jon had a clue, or really even cared at that point - as he probably didn't want to be smothered by 3 salesmen all at once. And here I am, not even one "hello, how can I help you?" from any of them - despite standing 5 feet away from everyone.

Nonetheless I was finishing up my inspection of the ADM, taking pictures, and getting ready to leave, when I overheard him say that he wanted a test drive because he really liked it. The older salesman said "sure thing, we can make that happen"... Although I'm sure they'd rather not dirty up the car and have to go through the trouble of pulling it out and putting it back on the showroom floor. All Jon really seemed to want to do was just take it around the block once to test the power, but I couldn't help but to think about the recommended break in period, and the poor new owner of that Hellcat with all those hard driven test drive miles on the car.

One thing I was pleasantly surprised about was the ADM, and how low it's progressively gotten each time I've ventured out to local dealerships to look at Charger Hellcats. Still, that doesn't mean I'd pay over MSRP. But, at least it's a sign that things are getting better... I hope.

Here is Jon Lovitz in the striped blue shirt, and the two vulture salesmen kissing his ass.

[​IMG]
    by Profezzor X on SRT Hellcat Forum

Another shot of Jon (on the right) after he told them he wanted to go for a test drive.

[​IMG]

Black Top... Yummy

[​IMG]

And the dreaded ADM:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TURNERZ

TURNERZ Rocket Science for the Road