Confirmation from Motor Authority

Discussion in '2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk' started by Mtr, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Mtr

Mtr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    • Like Like x 2
  2. budkole

budkole Best Color and fastest is undoubtedly WHITE

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    U just never know...if they make that thing, it would an absolute beast!

3. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If they do that, I bet they get north of 100 grand. Funny, it probably is worth it.

Let's talk about the SUV competition, ha! That thing would be a rocket.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I told my dealer to start a list of buyers and put my name at number 1!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Tammie needs one to squash Prius and Z06's:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    0-60 in under 3 seconds? We need to ask Tannehill what he thinks about this;) That seems to be Veyron territory!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fiveinch

Fiveinch Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    They'll have to redesign the AWD system they've been using and then it will eat 3sec mark all day...damn, that thing will be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Right! Great Winter plow. Lol

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. srtfan

srtfan SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nope, still not happening. MA is speculating for traffic.

Resume Speed said 18/19 at earliest and until he says otherwise, I trust him over a site that needs traffic

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not to burst anyone's bubble but this was posted before and heard it was a bust. It would be awesome though. Who knows!!??!! I guess if there is a demand, they will build it. Maybe they are waiting to see who the new President will be. Lol:D. Keep your options open. Maybe they could be built in the U.S. Novel concept. Okay...I'm done now. This is what happens when you link me in a post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  13. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    RS doesn't post everything he knows here. Some of us still get his same quality info though ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. srtfan

srtfan SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    (edited - should point out my responses in this thread were directed at tannehill and his posts that have now all mysteriously been deleted. not directed at any other member of this forum)

Many of us here have friends in the biz to some degree and no, not talking about car salesmen.

My username is new here, but I'm not new to the SRT world. Every single nugget Resume Speed or Milous has shared over the years I have fact checked with my contacts (two of which are upper management) and they've been 100% on target. Everytime they said something, it's been 100%. In fact, I'd challenge anyone to find something they have claimed that hasn't come true. My connections have told me things, i have not once gone on record saying because of worry it gets traced back and I get outed for saying things, or worse, I cost someone their job.

I was told some employees are told certain mistruths to see if anything leaks. Not sure if that happens or if it was someone's paranoia or excuse for staying hush on topics, but if it is true, I never wanted to be the one that spoke up on something. Who would risk their job to some guy online anyway? For what? Ego? lol. makes no sense.

What's that Ben Franklin quote? "Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see"

I trust my contacts and when the Trackhawk is brought up, it equates to laughs and comments like ' don't hold your breath'. Of course they're working on it, but once Car and Driver (a magazine notorious for making shit up on future rides) came out saying 2017, it seems everyone with a blog knows someone and it's happening in 2017.

It'll be fun seeing how they spin it when it comes and goes. More to point, they'll forget they brought it up much like how they called the Barracuda as a sure thing and well, that hasn't happened for years since they predicted it would in 2012 as a 2015 model (link)

If we're talking showing off in Dec 2017 as a mid to late 2018 to market... then maaaaaaybe. If we're talking late 2016 and arriving 2017? Nope, nope and nope. Not happening. I want it to, i think we all do, but it won't. Unless they got their awd issue worked out.

The WK2 cannot handle the Hellcat engine currently. As of now all they have is spin. They can't put the power to the ground reliably so their issue is, unlink awd or figure it out. In time, a new Cherokee drops. New framework, new diff, new everything but more so, years to figure out the issues.

I WANT YOU TO BE RIGHT... ha.. but so far, all I hear is nope.

Hellcat isn't even one year out the door and they can barely keep up with orders. How many people you read of that have Challengers ordered, they have a VON but no Vin yet? Many. So now they're going to just enter in another vehicle to get the engine? They can barely keep with the ZF shortage issues let alone the engines so no, I'm going to agree to disagree with you on this.

Resume Speed, Milous and many, many others know what is up. They've been right so far, right? RS has posted here already, or perhaps it was another forum, I can find the link if needed... where he said point blank, not until 18/19 at earliest. Can things change? Of course they can. All the back channels though say it's happening, but not as quick as C&D and now MA (trying to jump on the coat tails) is saying it will be.

All things even, we all want it sooner, it will be amazing! But not until my2018 though

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Honestly? Too long, didn't read, not going to after your first 2 paragraphs. I mean, after all, you do know 2 people "in upper management" so I guess you can get us all of the info. How about helping RS and Hellcat Prof out here then ;)

Don't want my info... Fine, couldn't care less. Come back to this thread a year from now though.