Cool Stuff at the Dragstrip

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by B5 Blue, Jul 27, 2015.

1. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This Sunday a cool few things that went down to share with y'all.
    1. One of the track officials has come out to me in the staging lanes saying he wants a HC in B5 blue as it's the best color(man's got taste;)) last week or week before. Well this week as we were about to halt for the 30 minute lunch break before eliminations I had the starter call him down from the tower. He came down and I handed him the RED key(rule #1:cool:) and the look on his face was priceless. Now Ryan has a 10 second Stang for all of you that may think I'm nuts and as he sat down and fired her up I showed him briefly the custom mode to be sure as I always do. Car launches well and he does a 1/4(which I do at the end of the day as track has a 11.49 need cage rule so no one gets mad at me) and the starter who went up in the tower comes out and yells down to me the computer went out no nothing. It's been having issues the last 3 weeks which slows down everything. So as Ryan comes back down the return road with helmet off I tell him go again no time and he says it felt like 11.2. Next run spun the tires so he just got out of it and computer still showed nothing. When Ryan came back helmet on this time the starter tells him the bad news. He has him shut it down and restart computer and does the burnout, then the launch. Car hooked well so he does the 1/4 11.35@123.50 (60 ft times aren't good at this track) and 1/8 7.47 which I got 7.50 so I know it's not my driving it's the track. He was so happy to have run this car as anyone could imagine. Made a couple of friends that will come in handy when performance page takes forever to load as Ryan saw live.
    2. While running an 1/8 a sheriff was cruisin the grounds and my son was talking to him and asked if he wanted to go against my car, he said the guy would but it'd be on YouTube in an hour so he passed:D
    3. During eliminations for cool down time they run time trials in between for those who aren't in comp or lost(yes I cut the worst light all day:mad::mad:) and Ed who's the owner always announces the elimination rounds comes over the PA every week to say "anyone wanting to run time trials line em up in lane 5" this week goes "line em up behind the Hellcat" as I headed there after the loss to cool it down.
    I've never been on a dyno and to me it's a tool. If you have 800 horse at the rear it doesn't mean doodly if you can't plant it. That being said I wouldn't trade anything for the stuff that goes on and the friends you make drag racing.

B5

• Like Like x 4
  2. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    if blue is so fast how come they made the big boy key FOB red?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    For people like me to see it as B5 is blindingly quick:D

4. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds super fun times. Now back to cai! ; )

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm getting to it for Sunday track event

6. yurdaddy

yurdaddy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The best run I had up there on a stock intake was 11.2 before Ed gave me the your too fast for out track speech.

7. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My last track I went to was very relaxed on the rules. After my first run an official ran up on me like I was about to get kicked out. Then he saw I had my helmet on and he said oh they said you weren't wearing a helmet. Many people were racing in the 9s with shorts on. Their tech inspection was putting a number on the car and saying have fun. However I have been on the totally opposite side of this too at other tracks.