SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Coolant vs supercharger coolant

28K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Jungle Cat 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the OE part numbers for the coolants used? I can't find them. Also curious if the supercharger coolant chemistry and product is the same as the engine coolant

#8 ·
And just to add to this... distilled water is easy to find as most supermarkets sell it... and it's pretty cheap. Certainly a lot cheaper than the antifreeze!;)

Reactions: HellCat_child253
#15 ·
Do any of the additives like RedLine Water Wetter improve the performance of the supercharger?
If I read the gauges right on my Hellcat the intake air temperature is just 10F above ambient. I'd say the intercooler cooling system is working pretty darn good. (And I might add this is comparable to the intake air temperature of my turbo charged Porsche which had 2 air cooled intercoolers.)

So it is hard to believe you could get any real improvement by using some thing like water wetter in the system. Even if you could get the difference down to zero a 10F drop in intake air temperature is not going to give you a podium finish. There is also the risk using something other than the factory coolant in the intercooler cooling system could compromise the seals/hoses too.

Best to leave well enough alone is my advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.