Cooper is finally here (updates as I go)

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by cruizinrc, May 23, 2015.

1. cruizinrc

cruizinrc HCC New Jersey State President Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg so today I picked up my car I named after my little buddy I lost during the wait a challenger hellcat sublime with leather,summer tires,red seat belts and m6.........
    Dealer charged me msrp
    Want to give a Shout out to rockland Chrysler jeep and dodge and my salesman Barry
    And my friend rob vettetrains
    Placed order in February and got a vin a month later
    Mostly it went perfect till car was close to delivery had a bunch of missed communications from Srt about delivery time
    Used resume speed mainly but since he's only a quote a forum member and did not want to ask him everyday as it's not his job listened to Srt to track car, being that I wanted car badly as it got closer and probably made things worse for me getting impatient which had me miss not being able to get pictures of car on the truck for delivery but since I have car now I don't care anymore
    Want to thank forum members for insight,laughs,knowledge and help making wait easier
    But mainly want to thank resume speed for being almost to the week of delivery from day 1 I got my vin and as he posted approximate delivery day
    Srt I want to thank Jeff for being happier then me that I got a vin which I think was hard to beat and Ingrin for helping in the last week of delivery
    So enough with the rant
    Car is way impressive in person it sits there and looks like a beast ,the day you see your name on sticker the wait does not matter anymore but I do understand I did not order on 9/9 but did get on a list for a car that was more closer to really getting one and also wanting a m6 which in the end I think helped me more
    So for only seeing the new challenger in I think 2008 and liking it,but seemed just that it was missing something through 2014 and seeing the 2015 hellcat version I was hooked
    I never drove any of the newer bodied cars,just the 1974 I had as a kid,a friend only let me sit in his and start it but did not drive one till today
    First trip from dealer to my parents house like 5 miles I was shaking from having no idea what 700 horses was like and not ever driving this car
    Car is so easy to drive, clutch grab at wrong rpm level at start Is giving me some issues as I don't want to light the wheels up.....yet
    Drove around town for a few more miles not hearing supercharger at all just getting used to it
    First time out on highway gave it a go and holy cow once you hear supercharger you giggle like a little girl like so many video's on this car you see
    The cars brakes are a little tricky for me I guess not used to brembo's stopping power I stop and buck like a first time driver
    So for now I am trying to learn how car reacts learning how big it this car really is even tho I own a full size wagon this car feels way bigger
    Did not drive it as much as I could as I went to my store and was overwhelmed with my customers and friends drooling and you name it reactions about how awesome this car looks laughing at how huge the brakes are the hood and once they see the motor they just melt into a manly mess of googaly amazement
    Hearing people's reactions,faces noises and what have you makes it all WORTH it
    Ron
    First pic is me on the right in 1983 with my first car and old friends
    Second is obvious
    Third is a new friend slash customer who when I met and told him I bought a hellcat he bowed to me like I was king

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. cruizinrc

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have not owned a dodge product since I bought my 1974 and then my 1984 charger 2.2
    But all I can say as for now owning this car you will feel like a KING this car is the biggest trophy you could have and I only put 30 miles on it
    I'm going to enjoy the ride as long as I can
    Ron

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Akula

Akula VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That first pic is so classic 70's...that first guy is channeling Shaun Cassidy or maybe Leif Garret. Hahaha. Good for you and your buds. Enjoy your car and best to you.

4. cruizinrc

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks

5. cruizinrc

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 4
  6. cruizinrc

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Last picture is what I used to name my puppy
    Rest in peace my little friend

7. MizzouRT

MizzouRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Congrats. I'm sure the Hellcat does seem big coming from a Mini-Cooper!

8. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Grtz! Your long wait is finally over! Enjoy driving Cooper, he looks badazz!

April

9. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! Who's red car?

10. cruizinrc

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Was delivered with my car meet them and I left them my info as I told them we were family traveling together
    Ron

• Like Like x 1
  11. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and nice initial write up. Nice pix as well. Don't forget to update your signature info. What a nice summer this will be for you and COOPER!!!

12. Ahldo123

Ahldo123 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats Ron, Glad it finally all worked out, see what I meant when you drive it, it all goes away LOL...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. cruizinrc

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks every time I drive it it gets better
    I can't wipe the grin of my mug and its 5:30 in the morning

• Like Like x 1
  14. cruizinrc

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Will do I'm going to update signature picture too to include some changes but I have to clean them all first

• Like Like x 1
  15. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on you car,,I enjoy reading people thoughts when they get there hellcat..your plate looks like a new York plate,, but your screen name hints north Carolina.... So do you own a car custom shop??