Could not be happier

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by der Arzt, Aug 12, 2015.

1. der Arzt

der Arzt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi, guys! I just joined having recently acquired a HC Challenger after long search. I'm a decades long MOPAR fan and owner. I found this site a while ago doing HC research.

Having built a few 440's, believe me, I instantly understood the tech achievement SRT has accomplished. Over a year ago I stopped by the local Dodge dealer seeking information. Surprisingly, I found that they didn't know many tech details and I found myself informing *them* about their own product!

A year went by... Search, plot, scheme.... Suddenly it hit me. Do it! Win, loose, or draw, I'll only live to regret it if I hadn't taken a stab at this historic production run.

Other than the HC, my "newest" ride is 10 years old, and before that, I drove a '98 Ram as daily transport, so you bet the HC Challenger has just blown me away. I also have an '04 Viper and feel quite comfortable handling that. However this doggone "Red key".... Woo! Holy Cow!

Anyway, saying hello!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! Let's see some pics.

What color did you go with? I'm sure the technology of a 2015 vehicle was impressive to you. I know I was impressed as well since I normally purchase low mileage garage queens. This is the first new vehicle I bought / ordered.

3. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and congrats

4. Speedlogix Sales

Speedlogix Sales Gold Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Welcome to the forum, congrats on the new car.

- Alexis.

5. Supercharged_Fun

Supercharged_Fun Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and congrats!

6. der Arzt

der Arzt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey, thx, all.

My HC Challenger is white, black hood, manual transmission, seats red in middle, H-K subwoofer option, black spoiler on trunk.

I initially wasn't much for the combo, but friends encouraged me.

Took it to work yesterday and was amazed. People speed up just to roll windows down and shout out "thumbs up."

Also: several weeks ago I thought I saw a HC Challenger right near me. If memory recalls I thought, it was somebody I already knew through work, based on The street I saw the car go down. So yesterday I went down that street to see. Turns out it was my friend. Turns out he does have a hellcat challenger. Turns out he has two big bottles of nitrous in the back and a sticky Street drag radials outback. Holy cow. The car is black, black interior, and the big boy… The automatic transmission. Completely amazing.

Aside from that, there is one member of this forum who I also know is here in town.

Just amazing. Small world.

7. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! post pics

8. der Arzt

der Arzt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Tired after days work but let's see if I can figure this out... Think I got it. Here it is asleep.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. ljaviation

ljaviation Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello and Congrats! White or Ivory? I can't tell.
    L J

10. der Arzt

der Arzt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok, got window sticker... Says, "Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl Exterior Paint."

The reason I'm unsure of details like that is that I did not order this car. I had to find a HC, 2015, new or used, with a minimum of price point above MSRP. Color not important. I was stressed, spent months researching, pricing, traveling to dealers, & calling all over. I had just about given up when I discovered one was heading to a dealer 120 miles away. There was someone ahead of me, but that individual was not willing to commit to signing papers for sure until the vehicle was there. I told the dealer I don't care if they're still digging the dirt to get the metal to make the car, I'll come and start papers on it. That one was red with manual transmission.

Then, the next day a relatively local dealer who had one, used, 22 miles on it, called me. The irony was that I had given up on that particular car, White, manual transmission, the one you see above, because it was priced in the mid 70s. ( I offered 65 several days earlier just as the car had arrived in their inventory. Just to give you an idea of how diligent and persistent my research was, I called them before there was even a picture of the car on the website. )

The red one on the trailer heading to the dealer was also above MSRP but it was at least less than 70k. (Barely)

The dealer with the used white car called me the next day, did come down in price and they seem very friendly and competent, while the dealer with the red one sounded rather rude and distant. The relatively local dealer convinced me to come up there after work. In fact, the market has been so hot and I know that I would be up against some very big dogs who could simply write a check for the whole amount, that I happily gave them a visa card number for a $1000 deposit to hold it so I at least had a chance to look at it.

Anyway, to make a long story short, they ran all my information and all the numbers cleared, and as I was sitting in the office I will never forget the sound of that thing coming into the parking lot from their sister dealership.

I bought it. I had it hauled on a roll off to my location two days later.

So, that is my long way of explaining why I would not know what the name of the color is, but I can tell you all about the sodium filled exhaust valve, the hollow stem intake valve, the water jackets that go all the way down in order to cool the piston, the oil squirters to underside of pistons, separate cooling system for the IHI supercharger, or we can talk about the supercharger snout pulley that acts like a one-way sprag clutch allowing the supercharger to freewheel when rpm suddenly decrease. etc....

I consider myself damn fortunate to have found this car, the price at least in the same ZIP Code as MSRP, sort of, ha ha, and having driven it now to a grand total of about 150 miles, I can tell you without reservation, I regret nothing! Woooooo!

By the way, I no engineer per se, but I'm by no means uneducated. I spent a lot of years knuckle busting and working on different types of cars mostly chrysler 440's. I see a lot of talk about MSRP pricing… But even a few thousand dollars above MSRP, I could not build a car this good for that price. I do not see how Chrysler has built it either for the MSRP price.

Well, that's my story.
    :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  11. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome. Grtz on the HellCat! Enjoy!

April

12. kitkat1268

kitkat1268 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and congrats

13. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forums and congratulations on a beautiful Hellcat! I am really starting to dig on the white w/ black hood option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ljaviation

ljaviation Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Love the Ivory.
    L J

15. der Arzt

der Arzt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey guys!

I've about 500 miles on it now. Tremendous vehicle. I'm a very conservative driver, yet just like the Viper, the one thing I notice is how everyone else on the road seems to be moving slowly. :cool:

Red key all the way. Again, I'm no speed demon, but the off idle torque with stick shift is better and track mode seems to "bring the package together" better. Just have to responsible.

Also, track mode opens up the exhaust and that deters tailgaters.

Again, couldn't be happier.