Could someone please post photos of the Harman Kardon trunk unit

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by MikeHellcat, Mar 30, 2016.

1. MikeHellcat

MikeHellcat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hi all, I picked up my new 2016 PCP Charger Hellcat earlier this week, and unfortunately there were none of the Harman Kardon parts in the trunk. I assume this is the subwoofer but not sure what else was supposed to be in there or how it should look. The dealer has been great to work with and they immediately ordered the parts needed. I would simply like to have some idea of what should be in there. And hopefully if the factory missed that part of the system, they didn't miss anything else. Pretty crazy miss though... :-(
    Thanks in advance for any help...!

2. yurdaddy

yurdaddy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I dont think the charger has the subwoofer in it from factory. Can someone else chime in that may know more.

3. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Charger sub is a unit mounted in the center in rear shelf. It's not visible. It's also not much of a subwoofer, creating very little deep bass.

Robert

4. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    [​IMG]

This is what it looks like in the Challenger, don't know if the Charger unit is the same?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. FireLane

FireLane SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    In the Charger the subwoofers and amps are under the package tray in the trunk. In the Challengers they are mounted in the spare tire well.

6. mdmoore23

mdmoore23 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Isn't it optional on the Charger too, while standard on the challenger? I know I see $1995 Harmon Karon options on the Chargers. Does your window sticker list that?

7. MikeHellcat

MikeHellcat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, I ordered the car with the Harmon Karon option. I have seen photos of the system set up in the trunk of a challenger BUT not in a charger. The speakers in the front cabin of the car do not say Harmon Karon and there is nothing in the trunk at all. Not under the cover where the battery is or anywhere else. The dealership where I bought the car is handling it great and ordered in the parts that are missing but I have no idea what it's supposed to look like from the factory, or what exactly is missing. Hopefully the parts will arrive and I'll be able to have them installed within the next few weeks.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  8. Colorado Hellcat

Colorado Hellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It's in the UPPER deck/ roof of the trunk. There is a cover over it.

I don't have pics. Never had a need to see it yet.

9. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There have been several threads and comments about this topic. The sound quality is great and it lives up to the name. Recent flash software improvements may have helped some People. iTunes and radio will have better sound than some satellite channels. Signal has to come from the sky to your car, iTunes or radio is in your car if you know what I mean

10. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Self deprecation light is now illuminated...I had my 2015 HC for nearly a year before a buddy of mine asked me if I had an air compressor unit built into the vehicle...I said, "I don't know". He said, "did you look in the spare tire area of the trunk?" I said, "Nope". He said, "let's look"...so we did. Guess what, I had an air compressor unit in there AND the HK subwoofers (I didn't know I had that either...I was digging the sound after the flash and thought it was a "great flash"). Well, on my 2016 HC, I looked the day I bought it...duh! The old addage, "the stupid shall be punished" almost caught up with me on that subject...

11. MikeHellcat

MikeHellcat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Harmon Karon_in_trunk.jpeg [GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]
    Got it! Thanks much. I really appreciate the info.
    For anyone else that is interested- here's a semi-okay pic of the trunk area where the subwoofer is.

12. Robert7

Robert7 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Do you have the Harmon Kardon badge on the inside of the side mirrors? If you do, I suspect you have the complete HK system in your Charger. As others have posted, there is no sub mounted in the trunk on the Charger.

Attached Files:

13. CanHP

CanHP Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Charger HK system is set up differently than the Challenger. In the Charger you get one subwoofer in the rear deck. In the Challenger you get two subs in the rear trunk.

I have verified that with other cars so we know the HK system is set up differently in the Challenger and Charger.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. MikeHellcat

MikeHellcat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, thank you so much. I figured it out. It's all there. The dealer actually threw me off when I was picking up the car because they looked in the trunk and said "Oops it's missing." They admitted to me today that they have never sold a Charger with the HK system so they were comparing it to the Challenger. No harm no foul other than they gave me a good scare.
    It sounds great and I'm very happy. THANKS ALL for your input. Great little community here!

• Like Like x 3
  15. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I was trying to imagine how you could have received a HC with parts "missing"... Certainly not to that extent anyway...

o_O